1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed Front Electronic Module

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by Gus Gutz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. tbird

tbird Forum Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Donor

First thing I would do is search the car & area you packaged the FEM in and make sure you didn't have a brain fart and forget to put it in the box.

2. Gus Gutz

Gus Gutz Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

If you are shipping from outside of the US, you may want to check with customs.

3. Worrying about if and when my FEM would go out, I googled the part number
    and came up with plenty of sites that have them.

Ford must have made a recent production run because there are plenty available.

Best Ford price was $348 plus $50 core charge.

4. tbird

tbird Forum Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Donor

What was your part number?

5. Got it off this site, 1W6Z-14B205-AA. Just checked and still $348 and
    available. Ford parts site said it fits my 2002.

6. Gus Gutz

A lot of places say they have the item until you place the order. It then ends up on backorder forever. Ford dealers will do this all the time. I actually pay for the part long before I tske my car in. That way I know they won't hold my car for months.

7. I went ahead and ordered a new FEM last weekend, and by gosh it showed up today.

Ford must have made more, and their website was correct, they were available, so I have
    a spare if my original ever acts up.

Gus Gutz likes this.
  8. Where did you by it? I lost my FEM by USpost handling or the man stole it and said that the packet was empty when he got. So I need a new one or buy youres.

9. Got it from youroempartstore. I went and checked today, and many sites show up having this part.
    Many of the web sites home page looked the same, so many of them may be the same store.

I noticed the price on some sites has dropped down to $341.70

10. Gus, I took my 2002 to the local Ford Dealer because I had exhausted all other options. I sent my FEM to AutomotiveModules.com who charged me $65 to assess my module and told me that they couldn't help me, sending my module back and charging me another $25 for the service.
    My local Ford dealer suggested just ordering a new FEM, which he did. They installed it even though the part numbers didn't match, and flashed the new module with the original programming, and it worked like a charm.

Gus Gutz likes this.
  11. Matsberg, you are the guy in Sweden, right? Ask your local Ford service center if they will order a new FEM for you from the States. He should be able to order it for you, install it and flash with the original Ford program which is available in the Ford system. My local Ford service center did the same for me and it worked really well.

12. I have tryed with the Ford dealer here, but they don`t service US Fords, only Europeans

13. Has anyone gotten an FEM in 2018 from Ford? Does Ford make FEM replacement modules after the 10-05-17 date I saw on post #19?
    HKS

14. How much for the core? It looks like you have a 2002 and so do I. I believe the only difference in FEM modules is between 2002 versus 2003-2005.

P.S. There is no programming required for FEM modules.

15. Gus Gutz

I noticed the part number on the one they removed and the and the one on the box is different. There was no core charge. They just gave me the part after they removed it

16. Several part number may fit the 2002 or 2003-5. Numbers differ due to improvements.

Gus Gutz likes this.
  17. I don't need an FEM for my 03 but for the heck of it I went to the Ford site and put my VIN # in - an in said it was currently unavailable but if it was the price would be $900 plus.

Went to a couple of other sites and found one available for $525. Looks like the FEM is more expensive for the 03 than the 02.

18. Get core repaired ($208) and keep it.

19. Gus Gutz

That was my plan. We're did you get that price quote?

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!