Help needed Front Electronic Module

Worrying about if and when my FEM would go out, I googled the part number
and came up with plenty of sites that have them.

Ford must have made a recent production run because there are plenty available.

Best Ford price was $348 plus $50 core charge.

Gus Gutz

Got it off this site, 1W6Z-14B205-AA. Just checked and still $348 and
available. Ford parts site said it fits my 2002.
A lot of places say they have the item until you place the order. It then ends up on backorder forever. Ford dealers will do this all the time. I actually pay for the part long before I tske my car in. That way I know they won't hold my car for months.

Got it from youroempartstore. I went and checked today, and many sites show up having this part.
Many of the web sites home page looked the same, so many of them may be the same store.

I noticed the price on some sites has dropped down to $341.70

My lights went off and my drivers window would not go down. The radio would not turn off when the door was opened and the windows do not drop. this happened twice in two days.

I am sure it is the front electronic module. Anyone know what to do and where to take it?

New replacement unit for part 3W6T-13B252AF available on Amazon.com as of 9/2018
Gus, I took my 2002 to the local Ford Dealer because I had exhausted all other options. I sent my FEM to AutomotiveModules.com who charged me $65 to assess my module and told me that they couldn't help me, sending my module back and charging me another $25 for the service.
My local Ford dealer suggested just ordering a new FEM, which he did. They installed it even though the part numbers didn't match, and flashed the new module with the original programming, and it worked like a charm.

Where did you by it? I lost my FEM by USpost handling or the man stole it and said that the packet was empty when he got. So I need a new one or buy youres.
Matsberg, you are the guy in Sweden, right? Ask your local Ford service center if they will order a new FEM for you from the States. He should be able to order it for you, install it and flash with the original Ford program which is available in the Ford system. My local Ford service center did the same for me and it worked really well.

Gus Gutz

I noticed the part number on the one they removed and the and the one on the box is different. There was no core charge. They just gave me the part after they removed it

I don't need an FEM for my 03 but for the heck of it I went to the Ford site and put my VIN # in - an in said it was currently unavailable but if it was the price would be $900 plus.

Went to a couple of other sites and found one available for $525. Looks like the FEM is more expensive for the 03 than the 02.