Help needed Front Electronic Module FEM 2002-2005

I sent the FEM from my parts 2002 T Bird to Midwest Tech since the dash lights were out when I bought it, then after sitting for 5 months most
everything else the FEM controls quit. Sent April 30th, just got back today, and everything works perfectly, they did a good job. Now I have
a good spare if one of my good 2002 T Birds has FEM problem. T Bird fem recd.JPG

Now this parts T Bird works perfectly, even with 129k miles. T bird fem rep.jpg

Frankie the Fink

I did the same, my faulty '02 FEM went to that outfit for repair and in the meantime I sourced a used one for $400 that fixed my lighting problem and the repaired unit will go on the shelf as a "hot spare". This was before MidWestTek's large price increase in January, he has nearly tripled his price for repairs...its $595 now whereas previously it was something like $208 IIRC.. I'm all for capitalism but a 300% bump in a price for a service in one fell swoop Capture.PNG is a bit over the top...

Frankie the Fink

The FEM for my 2002 just returned from Midwest. The mechanic who removed it reinstalled it, but now the car doesn't recognize either of my keys. They are both the ones that came with this car when it was new.
That's odd, I installed a used FEM in my 2002 from another (wrecked) vehicle and my keys not only still worked I didn't have to reprogram or change anything...

Are you SURE you got the same FEM back and verified its a 2002 module ? They are not the same as 2003-2005.

That's odd, I installed a used FEM in my 2002 from another (wrecked) vehicle and my keys not only still worked I didn't have to reprogram or change anything...

Are you SURE you got the same FEM back and verified its a 2002 module ? They are not the same as 2003-2005.
It has the same part number1W6T-13B525-AJ. Is there any way to determine if it was the one I sent them?

Frankie the Fink

I put my name and initials on various parts of my FEM so I could make sure I get all of mine back.

I thought the instrument cluster module, and the PCM stored the key chip data. What is the alarm
led on top of the dash doing during all of this.
That is my understanding as well, certainly in my case the FEM had nothing to do with the keys working; I think our friend has an additional problem...

Frankie the Fink

I put my name and initials on various parts of my FEM so I could make sure I get all of mine back.

I thought the instrument cluster module, and the PCM stored the key chip data. What is the alarm
I learned long ago in dealing with rare Corvette parts to have some way to identify them if I farmed them out for restoration or repair, to the point of engraving some pieces. With modern components a cell phone pic is a nice alternative...I suspect the serial number is the middle string of numbers/digits below the bar code...
Capture.PNG
Note - the label does say programmable - however I believe that is to tweak the unit for various options and since most 2002 cars are identically optioned that it is a non-issue, again I don't think the FEM controls the PATS (Passive Anti-Theft Security) system but can't say with 110% certainty.

I don't know what the alarm led is doing. When the FEM arrived, I drove my car back to the mechanic's shop. After he reinstalled the FEM, the keys wouldn't work. I don't know what error indications he got. He called the closest Ford dealer who told him it would take them an hour to get it working. I had the car towed to the dealer. They're to work on it tomorrow.

The Ford dealer called and left a message. They rekeyed it but it still doesn't start. They think the problem might be in the instrument console. Does nayone have any ideas what the problem might be? I doubt if this dealer has much experience with 2002-5 T-birds.