1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed Front Electronic Module

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by Gus Gutz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. biddle

biddle Forum Moderator Staff Member

2. CherokeeMarty, what year is your Tbird? I wonder if the part number you listed will work on all 2002-2005s?

3. Mine is a 2002 and the FEM was just the one in the system which was not year specific. I suspect that it will work with your car but it will need to be flashed with the program for your car. The dealer had to flash mine as they don't come with the program installed.The mechanic just plugs a laptop into the FEM, installs the program and away you go. The FEM I got was not specified for any particular year, it was just generic.

ChuckH262, biddle and Elsie like this.
  4. I have a 2002 thunderbird and need a front electronic module part number 1w6t-13b525-ah

5. Pelagic

Pelagic Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

6. Gus Gutz

Gus Gutz Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

My Ford dealer replaced mine last year. He was able to get them from their parts warehouse in Ontario CA.

ChuckH262 likes this.
  7. Looking for any info on where to send module for repair, Problem is no power at connector C201e Pin #11. Live in central florida

ChuckH262 likes this.
  8. Message Tumminelle, he sent his to MI to be rebuilt for $208.

Actually, that's @Tumminelli. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2019
  9. Bark624

Bark624 Active Member Gold Donor

Check this place out: http://www.automotivemodules.com/Thunderbird.html This is probably the place.

ChuckH262 likes this.
  10. The part on Amazon.com is NOT the correct FEM part. I work at a Ford Dealership and the FEM is on PERMANENT BACKORDER - NO LONGER AVAILABLE FROM FORD. I had similar problems including "Stiff Steering" and I sent the module to http://www.midwestteckmart.com/Thunderbird.html
    Mine drives like a Brand New T-Bird now. $208 INCLUDING RETURN SHIPPING. Took about 3 weeks to get it back, but well worth it. Hope this helps.

11. biddle

The link was from 2018. When you click the old link, it just show alternate parts, has nothing to do with being the wrong part.

12. Thanks for the info as to where to get the FEM rebuilt. we are sending it off today.

steelers12 likes this.
  13. I just installed the FEM in my 2002 after sending it to Midwesttechmart for repair. I was a little leary but after researching my options I thought the $208 was worth a shot. I was pleasantly surprised to get my rebuilt unit back about 3 weeks after shipping to them. I am happy to report all electrical functions are restored and my T-bird is running like new. I would recommend their service to anyone with FEM issues. It came back with seals on the unit that void the 4 year warranty if removed. If I have issues with it under warranty or not, I will be sure to return it to them for repair.
    Fran
    Swansea, MA

steelers12 likes this.
  14. Gus Gutz

Gus Gutz Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

Thanks for the update. I had mine done at the Ford dealer years ago and I still have the one they took out. I was thinking of getting it fixed and ebaying it. You helped make up my mind

15. I did the same and feel the same way. Great people to work with and did a wonderful job.

I don't think you can go wrong sending your FEM to http://www.automotivemodules.com/Thunderbird.html and or
    www.MidwestTecKmart.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2019
  16. I have to remove the FEM on my 2002 bird for repair, but am not sure how to remove the driver side A-pillar trim panel (kick panel). I was able to pry the scuff plate off with no problem, and removed the only push pin I saw in the kick panel, however the panel still is fastened somehow at the rear top. I am afraid to pry any harder for fear of damaging the panel or some type of hidden fastener. Is there some magic way of releasing this panel? Should I be prying it back towards the rear of the car or out toward the center of the car?

17. I am having similar issues with my fem also, who have you researched where to get the FEM repaired?

18. Bark624

Bark624 Active Member Gold Donor

I highly recommend these people. Shipping should run you about $15, they pay for return shipping. They seem extremely busy, count on a good 2 weeks or so. But well worth it for the problems it solves.

19. biddle

See this post- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...ront-electronic-module.5560/page-2#post-37801

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!