Top Issue- 02-05 Ford Thunderbird Ignition Coils COP

FANZ

50th anniversary torch red
I am ordering a set of these coils to have on hand just in case down the road I have issues. My 05 is running great but you never know.
Any input on the best plugs to do a tune up?

JW in Dixie

I am ordering a set of these coils to have on hand just in case down the road I have issues. My 05 is running great but you never know.
Shortly after getting my 2004, I bought a set of these cops, around $33 at the time. A few weeks later one failed. The other 7 ride in the trunk along with the tools needed to change one. Just like insurance, I hope I never need them. Cheers

Mach5

2004 Merlot
I had also bought a set (following the link from our forum - thank you) and waited for a warm day so I could change them out on my terms/schedule (mine is a daily driver). I went with Bosch platinum. Opinions vary but it you go with a platinum tip plug (and gap it properly!) I'm sure you will be fine.

FANZ

50th anniversary torch red
Thanks..I will look into them...Just got back a daily run on Interstate 10 and has the giddy up so it is good for now but want to have a back up for sure reading these threads. Only 47 k on it ! Appreciate the input....

I have two questions.
1. Can you buy the wiper seal and or the coil covers from bulletin #07N09?
2. If this is suppose to fix this problem why does it seem a lot of people on here keep having the same problem again?

Bark624

I have two questions.
1. Can you buy the wiper seal and or the coil covers from bulletin #07N09?
2. If this is suppose to fix this problem why does it seem a lot of people on here keep having the same problem again?
Both should be available online, start with Amazon. It's amazing what they have for our 'Birds. It's a design flaw, most common in the '03-'05 models after the engine reconfiguration. I don't think most owners have the problem again after making the initial necessary repairs, though some might disagree.

My 2003 TB had one coil fail on Aug. 2012 50,000 miles under warranty Ford only fixed the #4 cyl. On Sep 2014 @ 52,000 miles another coil failed and I replaced all 7 coils and put in all new plugs. I think they where Carquest coils, and Autolite plugs.
Now at 17 years old 68,000 miles and runs great.
Most of my problems have been the plastic parts cracking. Very common problem here in the desert. Las Vegas.

Both should be available online, start with Amazon. It's amazing what they have for our 'Birds. It's a design flaw, most common in the '03-'05 models after the engine reconfiguration. I don't think most owners have the problem again after making the initial necessary repairs, though some might disagree.
Thank you very much.