Database Info for the New Birds - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jodrod:
Charliefed,

That makes your TBird the 13004th to be built. I guess you must feel like you are in the delivery room right now.
smile.gif

-

Jodrod, I curious about the calculation. It seems odd that my car could be the 13004th built when the VIN is only 12778. In most other cases the Vin was higher by several hundred. In any event, thank you for all your hard work and support. It is appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

charlie,

The vins can jump around by several hundred on any given day. Just recently there were some 6000s and 7000s going down the line and they will have rotation numbers in the 11000 - 12000 range.

I received the vin number last week from my sales person:

VIN#1FAHP60A62Y114430. Premium: Black/Black/Black-Red Interior Trim

From information in these messages, I guessed that it would be built in 3 to 4 weeks. I sent an e-mail message to the Plant ME Manager (pays to have friends) yesterday morning. Received a reply this morning that it will be built the week of 3/25/2002. Now I will have to narrow the day and time down, then go to the Plant to see it "Bucked" in the Body Shop. Then go back to see it come off the Final Line. I don't know about pictures, as the Plant doesn't normally allow pictures. But I will ask.

Topdog,

From what I have read in previous posts, you can take pictures but have to promise the will not get on the internet.

Is your interior full or partial?

-

Jodrod,

The full VIN is 1FAHP60A62Y111639.
The code on our BlueBird is 1339. I took this from the label on the left front fender above the VIN.
We love this car. It is perfect. Great job by the Wixom crew and Ford engineers. With only 339 miles so far, the engine seems to be loosening up a bit and has more power. It definately is a high reving powerplant.

Tim Z

Originally posted by jodrod:
flyboy514,

Glad your's has landed. What is the digit after the P60A in the vin?

I have set up a Yahoo! group for people in the Tampa Bay area at:

TampaBayRetroBirds

There are currently only 5 members but I am hoping word will get out and we will end up having an active group. Feel free to join.

-

-

Topdog, I am a "frequent" viewer of this site. I was wondering when you ordered your car and what position at the dealership you were? I ordered the same kind as yours 3/9/01, and are listed as 14 of 26 with our dealer. Trying to get some insight as to when(approx.) date to hear of a vin # for us. Called 800# for over 60 days now (each day)and nothing but clean and unserialized. Would have sent this your email address, n/a though. Sorry. Any response is WELCOME. p.s. Congratulations on your vin #. Let us know how you like the car once you get it. Hear it is a "dream come true" for us small bird lovers. Thanks, Rheta
Originally posted by Topdog:
I received the vin number last week from my sales person:

VIN#1FAHP60A62Y114430. Premium: Black/Black/Black-Red Interior Trim

From information in these messages, I guessed that it would be built in 3 to 4 weeks. I sent an e-mail message to the Plant ME Manager (pays to have friends) yesterday morning. Received a reply this morning that it will be built the week of 3/25/2002. Now I will have to narrow the day and time down, then go to the Plant to see it "Bucked" in the Body Shop. Then go back to see it come off the Final Line. I don't know about pictures, as the Plant doesn't normally allow pictures. But I will ask.

Just got my vin #1FAHP60A22Y114473 Premium Blue with Blue top, & full Blue Interior. It is 2 of 2 from dealer in IL. Build date is 3/25. New home Washington State.

I spotted 2 Birds that aren't on the list.

1FAHP60A82Y109309, which I reported on 2/21 as being for sale at a high-dollar, exotic, P.E. dealership, is now at Mac Haik Ford on an elevated show ramp on the used car lot. For sale at $44K, yellow deluxe, no hardtop, no supplemental parking lights, plain black interior.

1FAHP60A72Y107924 is also at Mac Haik. Premium Black, black accent interior, hard top

1FAHP60A42Y108321 is also at Mac Haik. It has a Pennsylvania inspection sticker. Premium Blue, partial blue interior, no supplemental parking lights, hard top

These last 2 cars have been previously titled, but the salesman "couldn't tell me" what they wanted for them. I happily sped away in my blue 02, #6160.

Hugh in Houston

Saw a new one on the floor of the Ford dealer in Lakeland, FL. It is a deluxe black (no hardtop) with black accent interior and premium wheels. Wants $8,000 over MSRP! Vin is 1FAHP60A12Y111015 (may be garbled, it was on a tag).

Jodrod:

My interior is "Partial Red," seat insert, door insert, dash etc.

Twin Birds:

I made a deposit 2-22-99. This was before Ford's announcement to build it. The register receipt is 2-22-99 @ 7:02 PM. I am # 5 of the dealers 14. The dealer hadn't heard anything before I started talking about the bird. So I think a few were sneaked in front of me.

I made the deposit with a sales person that I had dealt with for several years, this person had transferred to this dealership from one that felt they didn't need experienced sales persons. As concequence, that dealership experienced a 17% drop in sales, and was cautioned by Ford about the posible lose their license. The sales person transferred back.

Originally posted by Twin Birds:
Topdog, I am a "frequent" viewer of this site. I was wondering when you ordered your car and what position at the dealership you were? I ordered the same kind as yours 3/9/01, and are listed as 14 of 26 with our dealer. Trying to get some insight as to when(approx.) date to hear of a vin # for us. Called 800# for over 60 days now (each day)and nothing but clean and unserialized. Would have sent this your email address, n/a though. Sorry. Any response is WELCOME. ... Thanks, Rheta

Hi Rheta,
In response to asking about some insight, I'm #18 of 26 at my dealership here in Texas. We ordered ours (blue/blue/white top) on March 3 2001 (it's over a year now for us). Our salesman has been giving us a blow by blow account of when he receives any VIN#s - on this forum. So far he has received 11 VIN#S of the 26. That might help you some. Ford seems to be RATHER SLOW for those dealers that have the higher allotments. I keep wondering when the pace will pick up...

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

I have been getting the same response for the last week+ on the 800 number:

Locked in 3/21 and scheduled for build week of 3/18 and delivery week of 4/8.

confused.gif

Chuck

I don't understand all of the data I have received
frown.gif
but my VIN is 1FAHP60A12Y114304 and the automated response center says that as of 3/26/2002 my car is "locked in for production"
biggrin.gif
and will be built the week of 3/25/02 for delivery to my dealership the week of 4/1/2002.
cool.gif

I was #10 of 17 at Tom holzer Ford in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

------------------

-

K6RU,

The system is only updated once a week, on Thursdays, so if you call multiple times in one week the answer will be the same.

Also, they just list the Monday date of the week that it will be built or delivered. With a build week of 3/18, the car could start down the line anytime from Monday 3/18 thru Friday 3/22.

I suggest to everyone trying to track their car on VOPC to wait until late Thrusday or sometime on Friday to check. I know that the wait during the week is hard but calling multiple times will not change the answer and only makes it more frustrating, this I know from personal experience from when I was tracking my car. I got caught up in the quality hold last August and had an additional month of waiting after my original ETA.

Blue,

Locked in indicates that changes to the order will no longer be accepted, it will be built the way it was listed when locked in. Up until that point it is possible to change things but from what I have read this is not generally a good thing to do, it can cause delays.

-

Thanks again jodrod.

I saw in another thread that 113835 went down the line today and read somewhere that they are cranking out 140 per day so I figure my baby bird will be born on Wednesday at 11:25 am (the same as my daughter).

How do other "expectant" parent cope with the waiting???
cool.gif

I'm have a Ford 1-800 number, however, it is not the automated one referred to in your e-mail. I actually reach a customer service rep. I would be appreciative if some would provide me the automated one. Thanks!

Deb,

I just tried the number and you have to choose option #1 when asked. I got the automated system. Do the last 4 digits of the number end in 3746?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back