Database Info for the New Birds - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
2/9/02 Changed the name to be more descriptive.

I am not affiliated with Ford Motor Company, all the data I gather comes from individuals with an interest in the new Thunderbird.

The files will be updated on a regular basis depending on the amount of data received since the last update.

For the new people on the board, I have been collecting data on all the Birds that I can, so if you have any of the below information on your car, I would appreciate receiving it.

The plots that I post on the Yahoo group site, thenewtbirddata have estimates on build/ETA/delivery dates along with a model breakdown. Due to the limited data that I have, I feel that the estimations may be optimistic, however it will give you a rough idea of build/ETA/delivery dates. As more data is gathered the better the fits will be. For this reason I would appreciate as many build dates/ETA's/delivery dates that I can get. Keep in mind that these are estimates and should not be taken as absolute.

The plots are located in both the files section (.jpg extension) and the photo section. The data is located in the files section in the 2002 TBird Data Files folder.

You can post your info here or email it to me at the below address. If you email me the data your email name will be used as the owner. When submiting data please include as much as possible of the following:

Your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard), your name if you want it included and any remarks.

We have also found that the build rotation/sequence number is on one of the VIN stickers located on the fenders (front, rear, left and right), hood, trunk, and the doors (there may be more locations that I am currently not aware of). The rotation/sequence number is the actual order of production. It will be a four digit number above the VIN on one of the stickers. If you have a high VIN and low rotation number, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built or VIN 10619 has rotation # 0160 so it was the 10120th car built (160+9960=10120).

Also if you could include your position in the dealer allocation (# of #) it would be useful in giving people who have not received a VIN an idea of when they might.

The usual sequence for vehicle order status is as follows:

(1) clean/unscheduled (2) submitted to plant (3) scheduled (4) locked in (no changes to order allowed) (5) bucked (implies that production of the vehicle has commenced) (6) produced (7) released from plant (8) assignment of a railcar or released to convoy (9) arrived at ramp (rail yard or distribution center near delivery site) (10) if not assigned in step 8, released to convoy.

Thanx,

------------------
Joe O'Donnell
St. Pete, FL
res08cfi@***********
2002 Bird in Hand
Black Premium, Black Top, Black Accent, Boyd Coddington Bitchin Blaster Billet Wheels
VIN 102532

-

JODROD, here are some more numbers for you. the number for Maui, i will have my dad call and ask how much they are asking and how many they are getting. more later.
Maui numbers
1FAHP60A22Y109788 blue/soft top full int
Honolulu
1FAHP60A02Y109787 blue/soft top partial int
1FAHP60A52Y110207 white/white partial black
1FAHP60A12Y109670 Black/black partial red
1FAHP60A62Y108806 blue/blue partial int

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

JODROD, just for your info the car #1FAHP60A22Y109788, they are asking $59000 for and they are only getting two cars. so i am guessing this is #1, for not many of the 2 of 2 have seen there cars yet. Enjoy the sun, it is still frost on the ground here in Sunny CAlif.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Howlee, hope he gets STUCK with it till the 03's come out.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

My Black Bird's VIN is 1FAHP60A02Y104542 and the 4 digit # above that is 4439. I bought mine from local dealer December 17. I think he had it for 15 to 20 days before I bought it.

I'm located in SW Virginia.

Jodrod, I have looked at every "paper" vin number on my car (that I could find) and cannot find the rotation on any of them. You have attached a number to mine on the tbird data site. Where did you get that number and can I rely on that being the rotation number?

57 Bluebird: -- the rotation number is printed above the Vin number on one of those stickers, usually on one of the fromt fenders. Open the hood, look at the white labels, (about 2.5" x 1/2") that identify each of the individual body panels. The number you are looking for WILL be on one of them.

JOROD - I'm in the same boat as 57BB. I've looked at every stick on vin that I can find and a 4 digit rotation # is not on any of them. The data base for rotation #s show that I have one. Were you able to get this info somewhere else?

This past Saturday, I saw this black beauty on the lot of Park Place Jaguar in Houston. They are a new dealership here in town. The Bird is a premium, with black accent package. VIN is 1FAHP60A62Y102374. The used car manager told me he bought it at an auction, and he wants mid-to-high 40s for it, although he has some room for negotiation...
Hugh in Houston
Blue #6160

57BB, BornAgain,

Yes, you can believe the rotation # I have listed in the database, it comes from a reliable source.

Most people have found the rotation number on the vin sticker on the left front fender in the engine compartment although a few, not many, have found them elsewhere.

BA,

I have found the vin stickers on all fenders (front, rear, left and right) on the hood and trunk lids and on both doors. There may be more but these are the only ones I have located.

Goto:
Sequence

The photo is on the second page and shows what to look for.

I just got my Vin # finally. It is
Vin# 1FAHP60A02Y110874 Yellow Premium
Full accent.
ETA is February 25th the dealer says. I hope this helps you.

Now that I know the Vin #, Is there any way I can track the car??
Thanks for all your help
The wait is almost over.
Rich
Yellow Premium Full Accent

YT, check out 800 number. If your ETA is 02/25 you should be getting it any day now. Your dealer should have had your vin number two months ago. My ETA is 02/25 (vin 109891) and I am bouncing off the walls.

biggrin.gif
jodrod, as someone else has posted, I also got one of those stickers with everything that I ask my salesman to save for me when the car came in along with the plastic covering the seats. And a whole lot of other Stuff.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

I've got 2 more cars for the database, although one of them is there already. These were spotted at 2 different exotic used car dealers, surrounded by Ferraris and other high dollar PEs.

Yellow deluxe, no supplemental parking lights, no-accent interior, no hard top, 1FAHP60A82Y109309, for sale in excess of $45K

Black Premium, black accent package, 1FAHP60A42Y110067, for sale in excess of $48K

I love my blue 02. #6160
Hugh in Houston

jodrod and all the board
whisper white premium got to dealer at 1115 this morning, I drove her off the lot at 1700 hr. She is one more piece of work I am very, very pleased.
02/22/02 11:00 am
vin # 111265, thanks to you and everyone!
wwtbd02 tag number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back