Database Info for the New Birds - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sure Happy It's Friday (S-H-I-F) because if had been Thursday, I'd be in trouble.

I've got the best salesperson in the world. He called to varify my fax number and he sent me a VIN!!!!

1FAHP60AX2Y115662 Red/Red hard top, standard black interior, Deluxe, supp lamps.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta area). (#7 OF 15) No dates yet so I will watch the VIN database for production/eta news. (Joel, got my fingers crossed for you).

-

Thanks RdBrdDlx...but could your cross your toes in addition to your fingers.

Still no VIN so it will be real close for me getting my car by May 4.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

Still getting message "as of 3/21...vehicle scheduled to be built week of 3/18..."

This message started on March 8 and is still the same today even though redbird saw my Vin 1FAHP60A12Y113878 go down the line yesterday.

confused.gif

RTBRD

My VIN is 1FAHP60A32Y113896.
Premium Blue/Blue/Blue, full accent.
My order was placed on 6/25/01. I was 4 of 9.
Dealer code F47006

My wife and I toured the Wixom plant yesterday and at 11 am we saw the shell of our car during the soft top installation. The build sequence number was 4746. Since the production line shuts down at 2:30, there was not enough time for the car to be completed. However,our BIRD was completed this morning and is expected to be delivered the 1st. week of April.

I have been monitoring this site since June and I can't thank everyone enough for all the information given to help myself and others manage the WAIT.

I have more information, that I will post later, regarding the 2003 colors and a modification I was made aware of on our tour yesterday, on the appropriate topic.

Mike - West Chester, Ohio

------------------

Jodrod,
The information for my Thunderbird is:
VIN 1FAHP6OAO2Y114987. Blue exterior,
Blue hardtop, Partial color interior,
Premium. Build week, 1st week in April,
and estimated ETA, week of April 22nd.
It will be coming to New Jersey.
What is your estimate date of deliver?
Thank you.

------------------
Lucille
-----------
'87 TurboCoupe
'02 Blue#14987
'96 Bronco
'98 Windstar
'95 Miata M Edition
'95 Miata Red/Tan

No real info here but on Wednesday I was on a tour bus at the Kennedy Space Center and saw a beautiful yellow/yellow hardtop Thunderbird parked in what I think was employee parking. It looked like a chariot fit for an astronaut!
(Sorry RTBRD, I couldn't read the VIN. I was on a bus about 150' away from the 'bird and going about 25-30 MPH. Thanks for your work.)

Bird02 - My eta is week of 4/15 (delivery 4/16).

RedBirdDlx - build week of 4/15, eta week of 4/29 (delivery 4/25).

whiskeyman - agree with your eta week (delivery 4/1). That rotation # makes your Bird the 14706th built.

Keep in mind that these are estimates derived from past reported deliveries and are not absoulutes. Also, these do not take into account any delays due to quality holds.

-

Congrats redbird I've got its twin in my garage and you're gonna love it. Jim W.
Originally posted by RedBirdDlx:
Sure Happy It's Friday (S-H-I-F) because if had been Thursday, I'd be in trouble.

I've got the best salesperson in the world. He called to varify my fax number and he sent me a VIN!!!!

1FAHP60AX2Y115662 Red/Red hard top, standard black interior, Deluxe, supp lamps.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta area). (#7 OF 15) No dates yet so I will watch the VIN database for production/eta news. (Joel, got my fingers crossed for you).

-

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Thanks jodrod. We saw our salesman today,
and his delivery estimate is week of April
22nd. I like your estimate better. We'll
see which one is closer. Thanks for all
your work.

------------------
Lucille
-----------
'87 TurboCoupe
'02 Blue#14987
'96 Bronco
'98 Windstar
'95 Miata M Edition
'95 Miata Red/Tan

Redbird,
Just wondering if you could let me know
when you see my car come down the line?
It is scheduled to be built first week in
April. VIN 114987. Your information will
give me a better idea of when I might expect
it to arrive at the dealer. Thank you for
whatever you are able to do.

------------------
Lucille
-----------
'87 TurboCoupe
'02 Blue#14987
'96 Bronco
'98 Windstar
'95 Miata M Edition
'95 Miata Red/Tan

Hey Redbird and Wixompooh, I was driving past the plant today and saw what looked to be about 800-1000 TBirds on the lot. The North lot was full, the second lot half full and a bunch parked along the side of the building. It there a delay in distribution?

My VIN is 114304 and I thought I expected it to roll off about Tuesday but if there are that many waiting to be shipped, when can I expect to receive mine?

I received my VIN on Thursday 3/21.
1FAHP60A02Y115606
As of Friday, it is scheduled for build the week of 4/8.
Red (bottom), White (top), Full red interior

ldavenport,

Is it a premium or deluxe and where is it's home going to be?

Looks like delivery week of 4/22 (Thursday 4/25). This does not take into account any quality hold.

Just received a call from one of the engineers at the Wixom plant. My car started in the body shop at 7:36 AM today (3/25/02)and is scheduled to come off the final line on 4/2/2002.
The "rotation" number is 5279. The engineer checked and it was still in the bodyshop as he spoke, which was about 5 minutes ago.

Originally posted by RTBRD_aka_jodrod:
ldavenport,

Is it a premium or deluxe and where is it's home going to be?

Looks like delivery week of 4/22 (Thursday 4/25). This does not take into account any quality hold.

It is Premium. Purchased at Sentry Ford, Medford, Mass. Home will be Avondale, PA.

Checked on member's tbirds, here are some updates;

Tim Neill - 114152 went down the line the 21st.

bluetbird2002 - 114304 drove off the line today.

TBirdMarty - 114565 seen going down the line today.

Congrats to the new parents.

Thank you for the update. I saw your post last Thursday and called dave to ask about status. He was off on Friday but called me on Monday to tell me it was "in trim". I took my two boys out of school early and went to the plant and watched them put on the wheels and seats. Unfortunately, they "hit their number" 4 cars before it got to the end of the line. They went home but my kids told Dave they would wait there 'til morning to see it finished.
smile.gif

I knew what Dave was going to say but I waited to hear it just in case......

I thought the wait would be easier when the end was in sight. It's NOT.
frown.gif

Thanks again for keeping tabs.

Tom

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back