2005 Thunderbird Value?

Great! I am a subscriber to the theory that one often regrets the things he didn't do more than those he did! Go for it!
Good Luck - send pics when you get it.

I concur.
I'v not totally sure thats what I really want, I may look at a boat, or helicopter. Although I don't like the water, or know how to fly.
Just say'n:confused:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Very difficult negotiating with a car dealer that is out of town. They are not dumb, and know you didn't drive all that way to kick tires.

Ford only made 1500 50th anniversary models with the Cashmere option.
This doesn't matter. They really didn't make very many cars that year, period so 1500 is more than 10% of production.

Total Production Number
for the 2005 Ford
Thunderbird is 9,295

Very difficult negotiating with a car dealer that is out of town. They are not dumb, and know you didn't drive all that way to kick tires.

This doesn't matter. They really didn't make very many cars that year, period so 1500 is more than 10% of production.

Total Production Number
for the 2005 Ford
Thunderbird is 9,295

Your wright about dealers not being dumb, if so he wouldn't be in business long.
Do you have any idea of the number of the Chasmere's were produced?

I'm looking at a 05 cashmere edition with 54K. From a Ford dealer in AL. Car look's real nice from the pic.
Any advice.
His price is around 20K, I'm thinking of offering 18K.
Thank's
I’ve got a 2005 Anniversary Edition Torch Red for sale. 67,000 miles. Mine is one of ten in its series. I’ve struggled with selling price. Quite frankly they are all over the place. KBB says not more than 13,000. I’ve seen them as high as 22,000. I’m at 16,500 now. Good luck.

I’ve got a 2005 Anniversary Edition Torch Red for sale. 67,000 miles. Mine is one of ten in its series. I’ve struggled with selling price. Quite frankly they are all over the place. KBB says not more than 13,000. I’ve seen them as high as 22,000. I’m at 16,500 now. Good luck.
All over the place is definitely an under statement! Red's not for me, but thank's and good luck with the sale.

Fly down and take a look at it and drive it home. Around 18K sounds okay for a dealer price if you really like the car. You will not get a private party price at a dealer unless they are desperate. You will pay at least 2k for a dealer car vs private party at this price level.

Also if you're buying from a dealer, they may be a 30 day warrantee associated with the car also... I know that’s the case in NY.. When I bought mine with 16K miles on it, the dealer had to put 4 new tires on because mine still had the original equipment Michelins that were dry rotted.. It would not of passed inspection.. Also if something major were to of happened in that first 30 days, Engine, tranny, ect, the dealer would have had to cover it.

From my latest research, it appears that the "Inca Gold: would be the rarest 05 at a production # of 82.

Also if you're buying from a dealer, they may be a 30 day warrantee associated with the car also... I know that’s the case in NY.. When I bought mine with 16K miles on it, the dealer had to put 4 new tires on because mine still had the original equipment Michelins that were dry rotted.. It would not of passed inspection.. Also if something major were to of happened in that first 30 days, Engine, tranny, ect, the dealer would have had to cover it.
Outstanding idea, from the pictures and salesperson everything has been gone through, tires, plugs, coils, ECT.
And I think we all know that a salesperson from a car dealership takes an oath to tell the truth and never lie about the condition of a car. :rolleyes:

Outstanding idea, from the pictures and salesperson everything has been gone through, tires, plugs, coils, ECT.
And I think we all know that a salesperson from a car dealership takes an oath to tell the truth and never lie about the condition of a car. :rolleyes:

That's one of the problem of buying any vehicle a distance away.. If it turns out to have issues, who you going to call Ghost Busters? When you go there better really kick those tires...

I bought my premium Merlot 2004, from a dealer in Marion, Ohio in May of this year. It had 10,500 miles for 18,000. IMO 20000 for a car with 54k is way over priced. If that's the car you have to have. go for it. but there are plenty of Bird's with a lot less mileage and a lot less money around.

I would offer em 15, they won't take it but you can go up from there. Even though we love em Tbirds are not hot sellers. A turquoise one sat on the Ford dealer's lot near me for over 2 YEARS. 54K miles is not many miles, until you start comparing em to other Birds. I can think of a half dozen around me that have less than 10K miles on em, and those are the ones the so called collectors will be after.

I would also check to make sure EVERYTHING works as it is suppose to. Don't assume because some small electrical component doesn't work it is any easy fix - it could be the beginning of the dreaded Front Electronic Module problem. When I purchase my 03 over Labor Day Weekend the AC wasn't blowing super cold, but cool enough to work on Labor Day, I just assumed it needed a can of Freon. No it needed an effing compressor. Check windshield washer pump, make sure automatic lights come on and go off when suppose to, check fog lamps, radio, everything. If something is amiss - walk, no RUN away, and find another one. I love my Tbird but this thing has been a nightmare mechanically for me. Some of those small seemingly simple fixes are related to bigger problems on these Birds. Nothing simple to fix on these things, parts are getting hard to find, etc..

Good luck! Not trying to talk you out of buying one, because sometime after a rough day at work, even in the winter it is nice to drop the top, turn the heat up, turn electric seats heaters on and go cruising, and it is all worth while.

I bought my premium Merlot 2004, from a dealer in Marion, Ohio in May of this year. It had 10,500 miles for 18,000. IMO 20000 for a car with 54k is way over priced. If that's the car you have to have. go for it. but there are plenty of Bird's with a lot less mileage and a lot less money around.

I do agree with you about cars with less miles at lower prices, that being said, there are no Cashmere's out there for a less then $18K, regardless of millage.
I can remember when 25-30K on a car meant a top end rebuild at the very least, not to mention wheel bearings, rear end gears, and so-on. 50K today is just getting broke-in, assuming the vehicle was maintained (IMHO).

Good luck! Not trying to talk you out of buying one, because sometime after a rough day at work, even in the winter it is nice to drop the top, turn the heat up, turn electric seats heaters on and go cruising, and it is all worth while.

Amen and the choir is singing! I been know to sit in mine in the garage when the snow is flying just listening to the radio.. My wife suggested putting a white sheet on the wall facing the front end and mounting a LCD projector over the garage door behind the t-bird.. Then we can sit there and watch movies like a dive-in during those crappy winter months..

Amen and the choir is singing! I been know to sit in mine in the garage when the snow is flying just listening to the radio.. My wife suggested putting a white sheet on the wall facing the front end and mounting a LCD projector over the garage door behind the t-bird.. Then we can sit there and watch movies like a dive-in during those crappy winter months..

LOL

I was very pleased to find my dream, a 2004 Premium Merlot w/sand interior package with 59k miles in Maryland in May 2018 for $11,500. (a good buy I thought) Only had to replace some of the rubber boots on the ball joints and tie rods and polish out the headlights. It's my new daily driver (I'm fortunate to have a short commute and garages at both ends.)

I paid $16000 (close to $17500 after taxes, registration, other fees) for my red premium 02 back in early 2016. 33000 miles, one owner and in perfect condition. Love it. More importantly, my wife loves it. It gets more thumbs up than any other “cool” car I have.

Back