2005 Thunderbird Value?

Just got of the phone with Joe (the salesman) and the car is now $17300.
Offered $15000.
We'll see. :)

Just got of the phone with Joe (the salesman) and the car is now $17300.
Offered $15000.
We'll see. :)
It's great that you are doing this by phone.. at least you have a very easy way to walk away.... I was in the dealership looking at the one we bought.. it was crying yo me " take me home".. hang in there..

Sooooo, how did you do with your offer? Hope it’s in your garage!

Long story, I'll make it short.
I found another Cashmere with 64K miles and was talking with him, got him down to $16.000, then the first guy emailed me to let me know that his Bird 's price had been lowered. In the meantime the 64K mile Bird got sold! So Friday I contacted the first guy and offered him $15.000, so far no reply.
Thats my sad story.:(

It's like fishing - don't catch one every cast. That would be catching! Cheers

No pic's yet, I don't have the car yet.
Waiting for funds to be transfered, then get a shipper to pick it up. Sometime it a week or so is my best guess.

I'm looking at a 05 cashmere edition with 54K. From a Ford dealer in AL. Car look's real nice from the pic.
Any advice.
His price is around 20K, I'm thinking of offering 18K.
Thank's
BE SURE AND HAVE SUSPENSION INSPECTED BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR DEAL. THE MILEAGE YOU INDICATE, AND AGE OF THE CAR, BOTH LEND TO NEEDING SUSPENSION WORK THAT IS QUITE COSTLY. A TYPICAL TEST DRIVE MAY NOT OFFER INSIGHT INTO THIS TYPE PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK.

JUST SAW THIS CAR IS AT A FORD DEALER. HAVE THEM SEND YOU AN INSPECTION REPORT ON THE CAR. MAY COST YOU $120 OR SO, BUT WORTH IT IF THEY ARE HONEST.

BE SURE AND HAVE SUSPENSION INSPECTED BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR DEAL. THE MILEAGE YOU INDICATE, AND AGE OF THE CAR, BOTH LEND TO NEEDING SUSPENSION WORK THAT IS QUITE COSTLY. A TYPICAL TEST DRIVE MAY NOT OFFER INSIGHT INTO THIS TYPE PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK.

JUST SAW THIS CAR IS AT A FORD DEALER. HAVE THEM SEND YOU AN INSPECTION REPORT ON THE CAR. MAY COST YOU $120 OR SO, BUT WORTH IT IF THEY ARE HONEST.

Thank's for the advice, but that car has sold.
I'v found another Cashmere and put a deposit down, waiting on funds to be transfered.

Thank's for the advice, but that car has sold.
I'v found another Cashmere and put a deposit down, waiting on funds to be transfered.
Welcome! Those cashmere 50ths are the best looking! Before I bought my '04, I saw one near me that sold for around $24K. Flawless condition and low miles. That type of price is not uncommon, but I've also seen other nice ones way south of $20K. I won't ask, but after you settle in if you care to share what you paid--even generally I believe many members here would find it useful. Good luck!

Sure !
I Payed $20K.
Two weeks ago I looked at one near me, he was asking $22K, no hard top, 34K miles. Before I got there it sold.
There's some on ebay as low as $28 to $33.
Don't matter, this is the one I wanted.
:)

Back