2005 Thunderbird Value?

F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm looking at a 05 cashmere edition with 54K. From a Ford dealer in AL. Car look's real nice from the pic.
Any advice.
His price is around 20K, I'm thinking of offering 18K.
Thank's

I think 18K is a good offer. Bought my 05 Anniversary edition with 34K three years ago for $18,500.

Thank's for the quick reply's. I'm in Ohio, so I'll have to have it shipped, around $750.00.

I'm looking at a 05 cashmere edition with 54K. From a Ford dealer in AL. Car look's real nice from the pic.
Any advice.
Thank's

Any advice.
Thank's

How many miles? Thats my big question. Secondly whats the car’s history? Is there a historical maintenance log? Who last owned it and why did they trade it in? You should be able to walk away with this car for 15-16k. Guaranteed the previous owner only got 10-12k for trade in. Do some more research on pricing locally/nationally. The dealer in my opinion is ready to make instantaneous 6k off of this sale. I just read an article last week the the tbird retros really aren't increasing in value over the years. I have a 2002 and it has 29k miles and was quoted 8 k on tradein. I walked away with no regrets. I paid 16k four years ago for mine. You have some huge bartering power. I wouldnt him a penny over 16k.

I bought mine for 17,000 last December in Texas. Mine is #374 and it had 47,000 on it .It's in excellent condition.

Last year I paid $19,000 for a 2002 premium with 16K miles.. I think being a 50th anniversary edition adds a little something to the price.. Best of luck to you if you get it.. It is a sweet ride for sure.. May dream buy would be a 2005 with 2K miles on it.. I know that's about $30,000 or so.. Or a very very clean 1957 ! Oh hell, one of each..

Any advice.
Thank's
Get a car fax report, dealer service records and number of owners. If clean $18,750 top offer.

I bought mine in Texas last December for $17,000 it has 47,000 miles on it and is excellent condition. It's #374 of 1500.

How many miles? Thats my big question. Secondly whats the car’s history? Is there a historical maintenance log? Who last owned it and why did they trade it in? You should be able to walk away with this car for 15-16k. Guaranteed the previous owner only got 10-12k for trade in. Do some more research on pricing locally/nationally. The dealer in my opinion is ready to make instantaneous 6k off of this sale. I just read an article last week the the tbird retros really aren't increasing in value over the years. I have a 2002 and it has 29k miles and was quoted 8 k on tradein. I walked away with no regrets. I paid 16k four years ago for mine. You have some huge bartering power. I wouldnt him a penny over 16k.
I bought mine for 17,000 last December in Texas. Mine is #374 and it had 47,000 on it .It's in excellent condition.

Airpirate413
The mileage is 54K, dealer's wife car, clean carfax, all maintenance at dealer. I'v been looking for a cashmere edition for sometime, none locally. There are two on ebay, for $32K, & $33K both under 30,000 miles. I'v found one or two from other sites, ranging around $23K to $29K, with 80+K. This one looks the best at this time.

Hawkeye
Sound's like you got a deal at $17

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I would walk there and drive it back (jk, fly in) perfect time of year to enjoy the Blue Ridge. and if it has a hard top, ship that home. top down all the way
Don't know about the walking thing, but the fly in may be an option (I never though about flying)

Any advice.
Thank's
I paid $18,900 CDN for my 2004 with 45,000 Miles (originally a U.S. vehicle) back in January from a Honda dealership. That’s about $14,400 USD. They had been sitting on the car for almost eight months and were anxious to move it, so the deal was pretty sweet.

Other than whatever panache comes from the 50th Anniversary model we are talking the same car here. I would think $15-16,000 is more than fair market value.

I paid $18,900 CDN for my 2004 with 45,000 Miles (originally a U.S. vehicle) back in January from a Honda dealership. That’s about $14,400 USD. They had been sitting on the car for almost eight months and were anxious to move it, so the deal was pretty sweet.

Other than whatever panache comes from the 50th Anniversary model we are talking the same car here. I would think $15-16,000 is more than fair market value.

Ford only made 1500 50th anniversary models with the Cashmere option.

Ford only made 1500 50th anniversary models with the Cashmere option.
Not suggesting my car is one of the 1500, just that the essential components of the 2004 are the same as the 2005. I don’t think Ford Racing Beige is worth $5-6,000

I shouldn’t joke about the colour, it looks extremely nice.

Go for the fly in, everyone has a different idea of excellent condition. Best to make sure of just what the cosmetic condition is. Cashmere is the one color I like better than my bronze 05. See if dealer will pay for you to come and see it. Price may not be the absolute best but really are you going to pass on this just for a few hundred.

I think 54K puts it in the $15k-16k range. Unless cashmere gives you a woody :rolleyes:, that's where you might start. You can always go up from there.

I started at $15K, no-go. $18K is going to be my number.

YES Cashmere does make me swell up!!
One of my old GF's in high school use to wear a cashmere sweater, and I must say it was hard to get into, but when I did, MAN it was sweeeet.

Good times-Good times

Great! I am a subscriber to the theory that one often regrets the things he didn't do more than those he did! Go for it!
Good Luck - send pics when you get it.

Back