Aftermarket Performance Parts Upgrades 2002 2003 2004 2005 Thunderbird

Going to have Flowmaster's put on Thursday. I LOVE my straight pipes...but the wife doesn't. End of story. (-:

Flowmaster's better than I anticipated. Best of all, quiet when they need to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadhouse Blues

Monterey and California Dreamin
My black 2002 has cold air intake, Borla exhaust and a complete new suspension Every component). Rides like a million bucks and has awesome acceleration when needed and stops when you want it to.. Sound of exhaust is beautiful when needed and subtle when cruising. My 2004 Pacific Coast is bone stock and you can really tell the difference in the performance components.

The SCT website doesn't show that they support the 2002-2005 Thunderbirds although they do list the Lincoln LSs. I'm just wondering what those with the newer SCT X4 have used for a tune on their T Bird. Do the tunes for the LS work for our Birds?

I had purchased the XCalibrator 2 many years ago and at that time the dealer I went through(now long gone) provided 3 different tunes, none of which worked without issues as far as generating codes like too lean, too rich, etc. The XCalibrator 2 is way out of date and no longer supported, so I'm very interested to hear about recent developments and what's working vs what's not. The SCT website isn't too detailed on exactly what you can accomplish without being a programming pro with these things and if they don't support us, what's the point?

I'd like to hear detailed success stories on using the SCT X4.

Thanks

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The SCT website doesn't show that they support the 2002-2005 Thunderbirds although they do list the Lincoln LSs. I'm just wondering what those with the newer SCT X4 have used for a tune on their T Bird. Do the tunes for the LS work for our Birds?

I had purchased the XCalibrator 2 many years ago and at that time the dealer I went through(now long gone) provided 3 different tunes, none of which worked without issues as far as generating codes like too lean, too rich, etc. The XCalibrator 2 is way out of date and no longer supported, so I'm very interested to hear about recent developments and what's working vs what's not. The SCT website isn't too detailed on exactly what you can accomplish without being a programming pro with these things and if they don't support us, what's the point?

I'd like to hear detailed success stories on using the SCT X4.

Thanks
THere was an EPA Lawsuit and they had to remove all the preloaded tunes on the devices which is why it doesn't show support and why we did a strikethrough on post one.