Aftermarket Performance Parts Upgrades 2002 2003 2004 2005 Thunderbird

Deputy JJG

The RAVEN @ Big Lake, Texas
Thunderbird Year
Found this intake for an 02.
I bought one of these. Ultra cheap. That should have been a red flag right there. However, I was able to salvage the filter and the plate that it attaches to. I simply installed the plate onto the factory tube (right in front of the MAS) and attached the filter to the mounting plate. I used a couple of aluminum strips in the kit to make a bracket to keep the filter assembly from shaking so much. Of course, you have to remove the factory airbox to achieve this. The aluminum tubes that come with the kit DO NOT have the correct size hose connections. You are supposed to improvise on your own. JJG

Deputy JJG

The RAVEN @ Big Lake, Texas
Thunderbird Year
These drop in filters are well worth the money. You will be surprised with the difference they make in performance, sound and fuel mileage. I should have gone that route instead of buying the Chinese made cold air intake system from Amazon that was less than commendable.

Thunderbird Year
Hi;

Just wondering if anyone has installed this intake kit in a 2004 Tbird, and what their experience was with it. It's a lot less expensive than the one mentioned here most often.

Thanks, Jim

Last edited by a moderator: