2003 Thunderbird oem stereo buy of the day! | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 Thunderbird oem stereo buy of the day!

• Thread starter Thread starter Rangerdale
  • Start date Start date
R
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
So yesterday I went running around with a friend of mine in the city (Pittsburgh Pa.), he wanted me to go with him to look at a truck he was interested in. After that he wanted to go in this thrift shop just down the road from there, went in, not finding much of anything I wanted I walked through the electronics/ small appliances section and spied what appeared to be a😱20190824_212649.jpg 6 cd stereo for a bird!!!! What... it can't be.... it's probably somebody's donated trash from their garage, 🙁 I almost hesitated and set back on the shelf.
My player in my car didn't work since I bought it last year, "CD ERROR", Then I thought what the hell, its $5.99 I'll give it a shot. Well....BEST DAY EVER!!🙂

Attachments

• 20190824_212656.jpg
    20190824_212656.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190824_222309.jpg
    20190824_222309.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

So yesterday I went running around with a friend of mine in the city (Pittsburgh Pa.), he wanted me to go with him to look at a truck he was interested in. After that he wanted to go in this thrift shop just down the road from there, went in, not finding much of anything I wanted I walked through the electronics/ small appliances section and spied what appeared to be a😱View attachment 4663 6 cd stereo for a bird!!!! What... it can't be.... it's probably somebody's donated trash from their garage, 🙁 I almost hesitated and set back on the shelf.
My player in my car didn't work since I bought it last year, "CD ERROR", Then I thought what the hell, its $5.99 I'll give it a shot. Well....BEST DAY EVER!!🙂
I would say you had a Great day and I am happy for you that it all worked out.

It works 100% right from the start! Without one single problem, and sounds amazing!! I took a video of it operating but it was too large to post
Upload to youtube and then use the video icon to embed it.
Screenshot_20190827-104823_Chrome.jpg

Your radio is slightly different than mine (2005). Mainly the CD/AUX and SAT buttons.

What did the factory SAT antenna look like, and where was it mounted. And although AUX is mentioned in the manual, where is the AUX input located?
https://i.*********/BuEiDrQ.jpg

Your radio is slightly different than mine (2005). Mainly the CD/AUX and SAT buttons.

What did the factory SAT antenna look like, and where was it mounted. And although AUX is mentioned in the manual, where is the AUX input located?
https://i.*********/BuEiDrQ.jpg
Mine is a 2003, the stereo (face plate) is laid out exactly the same as my original inoperative one I removed. I dont think that satellite was available for them back then...
I have attached some photos of the one I removed, it has three female plug connections, antenna connection, and a terminal plug in the center, I'm not sure what the terminal is for...nothing was plugged into it when I removed the stereo. Also, mine dosen't have AUX capabilities.
20190829_183233.jpg 20190829_183222.jpg

Attachments

• 20190829_183208.jpg
    20190829_183208.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
RangerDale, I will give you double what you paid for it for your old one🙂

Back