Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I was talking to my body shop guy the other day and he was telling me that using compounds is the way to go to get rid of swirls etc, especially on car like mine. I actually ordered this kit from Amazon.com which was on sale today! It arrives tomorrow, the reviews are really good so I can't wait to see the results.

If you try it, please share some photos in this thread to keep us all updated!

Sale Purchase link-

compound-buffer.jpg

Thank you for helping support us via your Amazon purchases! Amazon pays me a small commission at no additional cost to you!

Recently purchased, next day saw little random scratches on top surfaces. I thought that prior the owner had a cat in the garage.
Saw a YouTube today that described them as 'crows feet', due to Ford using a defective primer. Having black paint, I've tried a black wax, helps but not invisible yet. Any out there had/have the same issue?

Recently purchased, next day saw little random scratches on top surfaces. I thought that prior the owner had a cat in the garage.
Saw a YouTube today that described them as 'crows feet', due to Ford using a defective primer. Having black paint, I've tried a black wax, helps but not invisible yet. Any out there had/have the same issue?
You should post a photo. The car is over 2 decades old and if it was outside during the summer, it's taking on the full impact from the sun being black. I've never heard anything about defective primer and after 20 years, that's not considered a defect.

Try using compounds and a proper electric buffer tool as noted above for surface related swirls.

God I hope, will work on the photo, have IT problems posting my own picture for my Posts. Appears to be a garage kept, from Ohio. The YouTube could be unreliable, that's the main reason, I asked all of you would know.

God I hope, will work on the photo, have IT problems posting my own picture for my Posts. Appears to be a garage kept, from Ohio. The YouTube could be unreliable, that's the main reason, I asked all of you would know.
You should be able to correct the paint. Multiple steps. First clay bar the car. CAREFULLY fine polish with compound to remove scratches Then use a good polishing compound. Finish with wax or ceramic wax. You should be able to get that new car wet shine. Black is the hardest color to Restore. A pro restoration may be your best option.

Finally got a picture. without reflection. Scratches on trunk and hood. No damage to top or sides.
IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The crows foot is in the clear if its old enough to be painted with lacquer pre 1987 the bad primer lost adhesion paint came off you will need to strip it or use water based primer to repaint the crows foot will go all the way down to the primer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back