2002 Hydraulic Fan & Transmission Oil Maintenance

F

FordPAGFanBoy

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone,

I'm currently visiting my parents, who have owned a 2002 Thunderbird since it was new. The car is in excellent condition with only around 20,000 miles, but it does have a few issues that need addressing.

Does anyone have access to the maintenance charts for this vehicle? Specifically, I need to know:

• Does the engine cooling fan fluid need periodic flushing?
  • Is the transmission sealed for life, or should the filter and fluid be changed?
  • What is the part number for the driver-side air vent? The current one is cracked and showing its age. Additionally, the knee bolster seems to be either unclipped or broken.
  • The 6-disc CD player is becoming unreliable and doesn’t always eject CDs. Should this be sent out for cleaning, and if so, are there any recommended sources for this service?
Thanks for your help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Specifically, I need to know:
Answers to these questions can easily be found by using the search page.
  • Does the engine cooling fan fluid need periodic flushing?
  • Is the transmission sealed for life, or should the filter and fluid be changed?
  • What is the part number for the driver-side air vent? The current one is cracked and showing its age. Additionally, the knee bolster seems to be either unclipped or broken.
  • The 6-disc CD player is becoming unreliable and doesn’t always eject CDs. Should this be sent out for cleaning, and if so, are there any recommended sources for this service?

Last edited:
Back