03 Climate Control Codes | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

03 Climate Control Codes

• Thread starter Thread starter Elsie
  • Start date Start date
E
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Ran the Dual Climate Control diagnosis test on my 03 Tbird.

Got codes 27 - 96
And code 24 - 26

Can't seem to find anyplace to find out what those codes mean. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How did you run the test? I will look up in the manual and see what I can find. It's an 02 manual but I will be the codes didn't change

I looked in my 2005 shop manual & am sorry to say that those two codes, 2796 & 2426 are not listed.
Can you share with us what the Climate Control is or isn't doing? Possibly with that info some of us can help troubleshoot the problem.

To HKS you are correct the codes should have a letter but that is only if using a the DTC port & a reader. If one uses the Climate Control self test the Climate Control panel only displays codes as four digits.

The diagnosis I ran is - turn on key, Hit the "Defrost" and "Off" button at same time, then hit "Auto". Climate control then is suppose to diagnosis problems in Dual Climate Control. It did that then flashed 27-96, then 24-26. I'm not getting any heat, but I've got other problems too - thermostat isn't opening, when I get that fixed I'll run diagnosis again.

Elsie your problem may also be the dual temperature control valve. This valve is becoming a frequent problem as the 2002-05 Birds are getting older. This valve control is done by the Dual Climate Control system. Its purpose is to open & close as needed to bring heated water into the climate control system. If it does not open no heated water will get into the cabon heater & there will be no heat.

How do you know the thermostat is not opening?
What does the temp gauge show as you drive?

BluByeU, Radiator hose on one side of thermostat is HOT, other side cool. Electric cooling fans are coming on, which tells me engine is getting hot. I replaced the thermostat about a year and a half ago - hard to believe it went out that quick though.

Too close to Christmas to work on it now, and then it will be too cold in January and February. Hope to get motivated enough to get it going by spring though.

Back