1966 brake line tube nuts size

RLW88
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all, I am new to the thread. Just picked up a 66 Tbird in June and I am going to bend some new brake lines for it. What size tube nuts will I need to complete the job? Can't seem to find any info on it. I am guessing 3/16 with a 3/8-24 thread, not sure on length though. Any help is appreciated.

Ryan

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello all, I am new to the thread. Just picked up a 66 Tbird in June and I am going to bend some new brake lines for it. What size tube nuts will I need to complete the job? Can't seem to find any info on it. I am guessing 3/16 with a 3/8-24 thread, not sure on length though. Any help is appreciated.

Ryan
Ryan,
According to the Ford Standard and Utility Parts Catalog (July 1966), you are correct in the size above. Catalog states Part # 87942-S8.

Thread 3/8"-24, Tube size 3/16". Hope this helps!

Gus

Hey Gus,
Thank you for the confirmation on the part size. This is indeed helpful. I'll have to get my hands on one of those catalogs. Hopefully I can get this knocked out this weekend.

Back