vvt solenoid | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

vvt solenoid

• Thread starter Thread starter jps
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Runs great, but I has a leak from solenoid. Garage says that parts are about 800$ Have any input? jps

Im not familiar with a "vvt solenoid"... is that a trans solenoid? the 2003s had an issue with the trannys that required a free TSB fix from the dealer. It seems there was an additive that affected one of the seals.

Before I would spend $800 on the trans I would make SURE my car had the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) fix performed. If the additive isnt available I would have the dealer flush all the trans fluid and have it replaced with the proper fluid (about $100). Make sure they don't replace just the couple of quarts in the pan. Hopefully if it isn't too late this would make the seal swell and stop leaking.

That's the variable valve timing solenoid

Ouch! Looks like it's not going to be covered by any warranty... how badly is it leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back