The Thunderbird Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my dealer yesterday and the sales rep said that Ford had called him to check on my address as they are going to send out the second mailing of the Ford Collection.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just got the journal. It came yesterday. the letter inside clearly states "the wait is over" you have your car ... this is not necessarily mailing #3, it comes sometime after you get your car. I still haven't received #2. One other point, I have another bird coming and am signed up for the collection on that one too, yet I have not received anything as yet on that one.

Chief, In my second mailing, which I just got yesterday, I received the ledger type book. And in the front there is a entry form to put your desired wording for the ID plate that they give you. An example of the plaque is in the book. You send in the Post Card and they send you your personalized plate. It says something like "this car was made especially for--------

On the reference to the ID plate, was there anything to indicate that they might include the "Car of the Year" award information on the plate? Also, does anyone know where the plate will attach?

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

My 2nd mailing had static cling stickers (in the color I ordered), and a book profiling J Mays, Nancy Gioia, Paul Conforzi, etc.. What is this ledger book and info card you are referring to? I seem to recall that there were 2 different series of mailings, one of which has been cancelled.

If you look carefully at the black gift boxes, you will see an assembly diagram on each box with it's place in the total assembly highlighted. The first box with the bookends was assemlby #1 and the box with the ledger is actually box number 5. My guess is that it was originally timed to be the last one sent in the manage the wait program that got cancelled and now they are sending it out several months after you receive your car. I got my car in October, and just now got the ledger as Shipment #2.

------------------
#1429 Black Premium with Full Red Interior.

Niteflight, I was entered alittle late, but so far I have received the book ends as my first. It seems to indicate a # on the box as #1..Afew days ago I got my second one which is the Journal and Id plate.(and on that box the # is indicated as a 5)

I knew this would get confusing so let's see if I can clarify some of it.

1 - #1 & #2 have been delivered to those that signed up by July (1st group)
2 - #1 has been delivered to those that signed up by the end of Sept/Oct (don't know cutoff date for sure)(2nd group)
3 - #5 is being delivered NOW to those who have received their cars judging by the posts above.
4 - #3 (or #2, or #1 depending on when it was ordered for you) will be the next delivered to those who don't have cars yet. When? we had assumed in March, maybe even April but with the new mailings of #5, maybe #3 will come out sooner?? Is that clear as mud?
another question we can't answer - Will those receiving #5 now, receive #3 when 1st group (no cars yet) receives them? I would hope so but only time will tell on that.

This is the LIST of mailings.

Mailing#1 Red covered book with pictures brushed aluminum tbird bookends complete with opera windows.
Mailing# 2 Yellow bound book about the background and development of the '02 Bird. a set of Tbird static clings in the color of the car you specifically ordered.
Mailing #3 A TBird blue bound book
Mailing #4 A white bound book; a scale model Tbird in the color specific to the one you ordered.
Mailing #5 Black book titled "My Thunderbird". a journal so you can add your own tales and stories about your car. Comes with an engraved nameplate with your name and your cars VIN! - as we know now - it comes with a postcard that you must mail in in order to get the plate.

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/25 the New T-bird

Car delivered on October 1st. (#1737) White/White Premium. Received Collection #1 timely but have NOT received #2 or #3 (aka #5). Waiting impatiently.
frown.gif

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Received box 5 today, still missing 3&4. As the others it is a Thunderbird Journal with the card to request the personalized nameplate. timing is about right for the shipment after the dealer confirmed address for Ford. They must be making sure the Bird was sold to who the dealer had told them--trying to avoid the brokers. Other than name what are some of you putting on the 2nd line ( you have two lines with 25 characters each).

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

Being the nerd that I am I decided that the since it says "2002 Thunderbird crafted especially for" I put the next two lines
"Mechanical Engineer"
"William R Green"
nothing great, but it is mine.

The dealer gets a good laugh each time I tell him that he signed the letter that comes with the boxes.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

Just got the inside scoop that the next official mailing(s) of the Thunderbird collection will be in full swing by the 8th. of February 2002. A very low number of people, that have recently received a mailing over the last 2 wks has been reported on previous posts. The official, next "mass mailing" will commence on or about 02/08/02. Check those mailboxes!!!!

#7 of 13, blue/blue/premium, w.optional performance white top. No vin yet, however, dealer tells me we are close. He has received 4 cars. His 5th. is due in two weeks. Hopefully, I will have a vin by the end of Jan. to mid Feb. and the car will be here in mid to late March. Can't wait!!

VABIRD, the mailing that a few of us have gotten over the last few weeks has been mailing #5, which we have gotten out of order because we've already received our cars.

I imagine the mass mailing in February will be mailing #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back