The Thunderbird Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have ordered a different color hardtop for your car, lets hear if your vinyl clings that come in the #2 set match the top you ordered. I'm collecting the trivia info associated with these sets.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My clings are all convertible top down. Of course, that means putting the cling on my picture window to "see" my T-Bird in the driveway is going to be pretty silly in the snow.

I received my 2nd mailing today...found the reading interesting, particularly the "letter" from my dealer....mentioning things like "what I'd learn about my car while I wait".....5,000 miles late, but it came! More than happy to have it.

Nope, not gonna get one of those $4600 watches---would rather have 2 extra hardtops in contrasting colors!

Got my second mailing today (12/10/01) neat stick-ons and book. Again my 2nd dealer came first, I wonder if I'll get a 2nd mailing from my 1st dealer. LOL

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental & waiting for red/red/blk premium Bird

Got mine today. Unfortunately, I'm out of town until the weekend to see them. Oh well, something to play with this weekend.

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full Blue/ Premium/VIN ??? / 21 of 25

Received my second installment of the Thunderbird Collection this evening, UPS. The decals are of a convertible with 7-spoke wheels. Unfortunately the decals are of the wrong side of the car for it to be parked in my driveway unless facing out, ready for a quick getaway!

Also got my second installment of the T-bird collection today via UPS. Now awaiting my car, which should be here this week! #2 of 6 for my dealer.

------------------
Yelllow/Yellow Premium w/ partial interior
VIN # 6798

Received # 2 mailing of the Ford Collection yesterday via UPS. Cute stickers. Same as my car. Hefty tag for a watch......think I'll pass.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

So apparently the stickers are the same color as your ordered, got mine Tuesday and the stick on Birds are black with 7 spokes.

Has anyone with a deluxe recieved theirs yet, I'm wondering if the stickers have 21 spokes.

Received 2nd mailing here in Atlanta on 12/10...

p.s. all I want for Christmas is a VIN!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

jodrod- I got my #2 on 12/11.
The cling page is marked in lower left corner NM and it shows 21 spoke chrome wheels.
No hardtop or chrome on the hood scoop.

The story, in the yellow book with 60's wallpaper, about the Tbird and Mustang brand manager is a hoot.

The 57 Bird shrine in bombed out Beirut is one that will be hard to top.

And Mickey D' an ex Marine, God Bless America.

I was very impressed with the Thunderbird Team. They should be proud of their accomplishment. These stories make us feel like family.

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

Something on the bottom of my UPS shipping label made me curious. There's a 12-digit code (in 3-letter groups) that begins with "BLU", which happens to be my ordered color. I was wondering if they might be tracking owner colors for the model T-bird mailing. Anyone else get a color code?

Mine came in yesterday, too. No special markings on the vinyl clings that designate it as a premium but it does have the premium wheels. Code on box also shows "blu" which is my ordered color. I've updated my memorabilia page with a photo link for the #2 collection.

Would like to get scans of the other color vinyl clings if any of you can do that for me.

Thanks,

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/25 the New T-bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back