The Thunderbird Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone receiving duplicate shipments on any of their Thunderbird Collection ?? Have talked with some friends that recently received box #1 again. They had already received Box 1 thru 3 as of last month!!
One of their friends got 2 boxes delivered recently and they were both Box 1!!

I just got box 1 again, but it's marked blu --- I/m sure it's for my 2nd. T-Bird that I'm still waiting for. Incidentally, I ordered them both on the same say in Jan.2001, got the black one in October, and the blue one is still unscheduled.

Unlike most of you that are in on the mailings, I had to wait a few more weeks because of our trip before getting to look at collection #3. I was really puzzled about what that last page was since it was mentioned all the time - neat - but was more impressed that the book is covered with blue suede - color of my car!
smile.gif

Anyway, have now updated my memorabilia page with photo links of Collection #3 & collection #5 (got to see hobobob's #5 set since he's had his car since last October).

Since #3 came in February, I'm speculating that set #4 will arrive in late May or early June - hopefully about the time our car will arrive???? Set #4 will have the model in it and from past experience with model deliveries that could be a delay factor
wink.gif
!

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

Dot,

I noticed in your list of the collection on the memorabilia page, for book #3 you say "includes sample of your car's leather". I have a black car and the leather sample is blue. Did all the books come with a blue leather sample?

Also, I have had my car since 9/28/01 and still have not received book #5.

Rtbrd,
You must be correct about the sample leather in the book if yours was blue, too. I just assumed that they paid attention to that detail since they have on the other sets in the collection - oh! well! - guess everyone getting the collection gets to know what the Thunderbird blue leather looks like!

I would wonder, too, about why you haven't received the #5 set yet. Bet they don't have that "owner has received car" system down pat. Might be something for your dealer to try to track down as to "why??"

Believe it or not, I just recieved the first mailing yesterday, March 18th. I almost forgot about the Tbtird Collection since I didn't think me dealer signed me up. I guess thats what I get for ordering late, 05/30/01 and being 42 of 52. I'm getting excited again!

Just got my bookends and a note from my dealer in Box 1. Considering I got my car last August and am approaching 8,000 miles, timing couldn't be better.

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

Dot, I have sets 1, 2, & 3 also but have not received set 5 as of yet and took delivery of the vehicle on 10-9-01. I've been looking for it since people started talking about it around 2 months ago.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Here's something interesting...I just received my box #5 last Friday. I took delivery of my car on February 7, but the letter inside is still being signed by the sales manager of the original dealership that I initially ordered my car from locally. If you remember, I wound up having to go 350 miles North to get my car. I've spoken with the people at the Thunderbird Collection, and they said that they've corrected the info, but I still keep getting shipments signed by the old dealership. So now I have #1, #2 and #5.

KB

Only Ford could think any part of this program makes sense. I got mailing #1 one day last week and #5 the next day (enrolled in November after getting the car). Why they don't just get everyone caught up to same point is bewildering. Looks like it would be easier to keep track of that way.

Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I just got my 1st mailing last week. I figured my dealer had lied to me about enrolling me but when I told him I finally got the 1st installment he had no kind words for those running the "Collection" program. Can't say as I blame him.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

haven't received #5 either.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

I took delivery of my Red Bird on 2-8. Received box 1 on Friday 3-15 and box 5 on Saturday 3-16. Too bad UPS couldn't deliver both on same trip and save some gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back