Looking for any advice, I'm buying my 1st new car and it's an '05 Bird | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Looking for any advice, I'm buying my 1st new car and it's an '05 Bird

• Thread starter Thread starter HerRing
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HerRing

Reaction score
After many years of driving cheap transportation, I'm finaly buying my first new car, an '05 Thunderbird.

I'm looking for any advice, tips or anything you may consider helpful. I plan on having the car for many years as it will be a toy, not a daily driver. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

David

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

HerRing said:
After many years of driving cheap transportation, I'm finaly buying my first new car, an '05 Thunderbird.

I'm looking for any advice, tips or anything you may consider helpful. I plan on having the car for many years as it will be a toy, not a daily driver. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

David

Enjoy!!! Thats the best advice I can give you, just enjoy it, Are you buying it new? And get ready for admiring stares. Are you in a warm state or will you store it for the winter like I do in Chicago?

I'm buying it new and will be picking it up tomorrow. Like a child the night before Christmas, I probably won't sleep tonight. I'm purchasing in Florida while on vacation and will be returning back to Connecticut with it, where it will stay. I fully expect the looks, there a very few of these in my area. Although it will not be a driven diaily and will rarely/never see the snow or rain, I plan on driving it when I can. After all, you have to let a bird like this spead it wings.

By the way, GREAT site. Thanks.

.....Be prepared for a truly unique ownership experience......you will find it very hard to store it......Tell us what colour your 'Bird is.....Did you get the hardtop?.....We understand your excitement!.......Cheers!

drive safe

truly, and use your New England rear wheel drive snow driving skills..
I got this silly steep driveway...

How do you know he's from New England?? We have a car show coming up and I want to invite him

I am from New England (Niantic, CT).

Wow, We've have our car for a week and it is INCREDIBLE! We are leaving Florida tomorrow morning which is where we purchased it. It is being picked up in the morning by a transport company and we will see it on the other end. This car is so muh fun, we've racked up almost 1,000 miles in the first week. Back in CT it will only get about 3-4K/year.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of people asking about the car. People talk to us at red lights, parking lots and kids in the neighborhood yell "cool car" when we drive by.

When I proposed to my fiance, I told her I wanted her to help me pick out the engagment ring; anything she wanted. I'm so glad she said "I don't want a ring, let's buy a two seater sports car." I think we made the right choice. Can't wait to see my aunt's face when I pull up next to her '57 beauty.

HerRing
I used to be associated with a company in Niantic.
Anyway, there is a car show here in MA that I generally get 13-15 New TBirds to come to.
These Birds come from Long Island to Canada for this show. No judging, just fun, and about 500 Classics, Antiques, Hot Rods, etc.
All for $5.00 per person.
I'm currently arranging the hotel now and have 13 signed up top come up, awaiting the reservation data.

I'll post it here under a "Fitchburg, MA Car Show" thread soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back