New Member looking for 03-05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard, Chazmink. I have my 2004 Tbird Pacific Coast Roadster limited edition (#482 of 1,000) for sale. I'm in Chattanooga, TN. Asking $13,900. Photos and other info are on the "for sale" page of this Forum. Only reason I'm selling is that it's a third car in a 2-driver family. Let me know what you think.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Greetings. I live in Medford, NJ and have been lurking here for awhile to get a feel for the community and, more importantly, the pros and cons of the RetroBird. I still remember the first one I saw at the Philadelphia Auto Show In 2001. The car stole the show. I didn’t purchase one and waited hoping a manual transmission would be introduced. That was not to be.

I’m now in the market for a 2003-05. I’m still trying to get a feel for the market and the subtle difference in the years and special editions. I was almost dissuaded by Doug D’s review but the responses by members here restored my interest. I’m retired and my other cars are a 2013 BMW 328i and a 2016 Lincoln MKX. I don’t need a daily driver.

I’ve combed the forum to expand my RetroBird knowledge but would welcome any advice.

Thanks.
Charlie

Hi Charlie, I live in northern NJ, where there are plenty of country roads to drive and enjoy my 2004 PCR.
Yes, when reading this forum, you might come away thinking these cars are terrible, but keep in mind that most of the time people post on the forum for advice with issues, or explain how they've solved them. This is why we all think it's a terrific asset for us
My car has about 35,000+ miles on it and runs great. I've been thru the normal issues, coils, etc, but for the most part, it is a fun car, that never fails to get appreciative comments when I'm out with it
Hope you find one, and that you enjoy yours as much as we do ours, keep us posted

Hi, I bought a 2005 black on black T-bird in late Spring this year. I have had so many different cars (fairly high-end) sports cars over the last 40 years. None of them have ever satisfied me quite as much as mr little Black bird does. No, it’s not a sports car, but it gets more attention and praise than almost any other car I owned in the past.

It’s a true boulevard cruiser with all the comfort features that I prefer. Before I bought it, I watched this forum closely. Like you, it almost caused me to rethink buying one. I dug a little deeper and discovered how many people are happy, excited and satisfied with their own “Retro bird.” I so glad I went ahead and bought one. Have I had to spend a little money on it, yep. But name a 15 year old car that you wouldn’t. My biggest expense was a set of Vogue white walls. I hope you move forward and treat yourself to a great experience.

(My daily driver is a 2019 Mercedes E class .). I love the T-bird equally for some of the same reasons and some that are different.

Please explain why you think your car is worth double private party value on Kelly Blue Book?
View attachment 5024
I can only speculate that he is basing the price on the Hagerty appraisal. The KBB price you posted is for “Good” condition. His car sounds more like “Excellent”. He also has extensive upgrades that he places value on. That said, some would see that as a negative. In the end, Fair Market Value is the price that a willing buyer and a willing seller agree upon.

I can only speculate that he is basing the price on the Hagerty appraisal. The KBB price you posted is for “Good” condition. His car sounds more like “Excellent”. He also has extensive upgrades that he places value on. That said, some would see that as a negative. In the end, Fair Market Value is the price that a willing buyer and a willing seller agree upon.
The car isn't worth that, period. A customized former SEMA show car just brought 23,000 for a Charity Auction. In the end, a sucker is born every day too which is basically what you are eluding to when you say it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back