Let the stories begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving into Nashville yesterday and was stopped by police (actually, the police car pulled in behind me and followed me into the post office parking lot. The officer was a car person and wanted to talk about the Tbird. Turns out he knows some of the local NASCAR drivers, so we had an extended car discussion. Fun, Fun, Fun...

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

LMAO!

TTBB

Originally posted by YELLOWTHUNDER:
Last week on my way to work I was stopped at a traffic light waiting to make a left. The cars that had the green were turning in front of me from the opposite corner. One of the drivers saw my car as he was turning and kept his gaze fixed on the car not paying attention to the fact that a vehicle slowed down in front of him. The rest is history. That was the first time I ever caused an accident by standing still.

Love this car!

Chapter 7 of TAKE ME TO THE STORIES has been added to Ford's T-bird site. Leaves the story line behind and focuses on the design. Did they leave out chapter 6.5?

My two favorite quotes from Easter 2002 are:

From two twenty-somethings admiring the car as I came out of a convenience store: "That is the prettiest car in America right there."

From my dad, driving my bird for the first time: "That was 100. I wouldn't try to do any more than that with the top down."

Hated to do it but took the Bird to a CAr wash yesterday. (Water shortage here in the east, cannot wash cars). It was a completly touchless, just water pressure. Everyone got so excited there, it was the first one they had washed. The casheir commented what a beautiful car it was and gave me a ticket for a free wheel treatment. Not a big saving, money wise, but I was impressed with the gesture.
Also on my way to a car show today, went through a speed trap. The cop said I was doing 85 in a 55. I told him I was surprised,that when I saw him and I looked at my speedo I knew I was in trouble, but I honestly did not realize I was going that fast. He smiled looked at the car and said he believed me and added that it was a great looking car. He said he would give me a break but I better keep an eye on the speedometer.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(ok so I sold it 2 months ago)

A perfect Saturday evening

My 2 1/2 year old son and I washed our car and drove it about a mile to air dry it. We stoped at the gas station to finish towel drying it, while there we got our first compliment when a man and his wife pulled up next to us to ask if this was the new T-Bird and how beautiful the car looked. We proceeded on to go get a milkshake at Dairy Queen, while picking it up a the drive thru window the young man commented also how beautiful the car was. Then while driving to the park 10 minutes later, a man pulls up to us at a traffic light and starts talking to us telling how glad he was that FORD came out with such a great looking car. There is a Lexus dealer in route just before the park, so while driving thru to admire the new SC430
I happen to look at the showroom window and see 8 or 9 sales people admiring/pointing at the T-Bird. Now let me tell you, this to me was a perfect day, I don't think you could have beat the smile off of me that day or for that matter most days when I am behind the wheel.

I had to share this. I celebrated my 20th anniversary last week. On Tuesday I picked up my mail at the Post Office and was sitting at the red light with my white hardtop still on my yellow bird but windows down. A guy walked across traffic and knelt down at my drivers side door and ....proposed!!!!. Too bad he wanted my car and not me!!. But it was still amazing. Now top that real story.

3 weeks ago as I was waiting to exit a local mall a lady in the exit lane noticed my car and started waving and gesturing to her passenger. She thought she had stopped but was creeping forward and hit an elderly guy in the crosswalk in front of her. The old guy limped away swearing and shaking his fist at her, she finally secured her car and went running after him. No serious harm done and as someone else said, the 1st time I ever caused an accident standing still. Jim W.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Took a day's vacation to just drive the new bird and get plates and title. As others have experienced, the car does get noticed. The lady at the Indiana BMV told me that doing the VIN check on my bird was the highlight of her day. Drove the car to work and took my co-workers for a ride. Drove my wife to her work to show off the car. She and her boss have been friends for 30+ years and they are already plotting top down driving this summer when I have to work and they do not. Weather permitting, I may take the top off this weekend and store it for the summer, although it sure looks great with the hard top on.

We have been to our property in north FL the past three weekends. It is a 400 mile round trip for a total of 1200 miles. We only spotted 1 Bird during these trips, a black one.

Even with about 20000 Birds on the road they are still a very rare sighting. $40K for such exclusivity is cheap.

While I know there are more out there than mine, all the time I've owned by BB premium, I've only seen one other here in Phoenix...full red premium.

Had a retired neighbor come by last week and want to know when I bought the old Bird and restored it. Told him it was new...he said he almost bought a used 2-seater back in his younger days for $1700...couldn't afford it with his new family, though, so he passed it up.

One of my neighbors walked into my garage on Sunday and proceeded to tell me what a fine job I did restoring the T-Bird. I told her it was an 02 and she still did not understand what 02 meant. So I told her it was a 2002 and she got it.

Since I am always installing something on my 85 Mustang GT Convertible and currently fixing the brakes on my brother-in-laws chevy truck it was understandable that I may have done such a fine job on the T-Bird.

PHX: I saw a blue '02 with the top down going south on 51 at Camelback overpass yesterday. That is the only one I have seen here in the last 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back