Let the stories begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of "ladies" liking the T-Bird, last winter when we first got our blue/white we decided to drive it to the Olympic Classic Thunderbird meeting in Seattle. A new, and the first Krispy Kreme had just opened in the Seattle area so we thought we would get four dozen and take them to the meeting. The cars were lined up in the drive through lane in four lanes, kinda like Disneyland. Anyway they had 4 off duty state patrolmen keeping everyone in the right line. One was a very nice tall black lady and she just fell in love with our car. She had never seen one. During the hour and half that we waited in line, she spent 45 minutes of that time coming back and talking to us about the car. She finally said she would like take the lights off of her patrol car and put them on the T-Bird and see how fast it would go. I said "go for it" but she kinda backed down.
The point is: Ladies like the cars too!!

I don't know how to explain it, but the attention from men is like none we've seen before. They (men) almost drive into a wall trying to get a look at the car, While women seem to have an unholy reverance towards the car. Women wouldn't dream of touching the car while on the other hand, the men would not only touch, but jump in and take it for a ride. ====I is truly amazing the different type of attention this car gets by the different sexes.

Last week, I drove past a beautiful lady in a Miata. She looked and looked at the car as I went by. A few blocks later, she pulled up beside me at a light and mouthed, in the most sensuous way imaginable, " I love your car". I mouthed back "thank you" and drove off all smiles!

I work at a place that is protected by guards. I drove it to work the other day and pulled up to the guard shack. Generally, you get a disinterested wave to go through once you're cleared to go. This particular day, the guard asked me if what I was driving was the new Thunderbird and I said yes. He gave me an enthusiastic wave and said, "Go on with your bad self". I could barely drive I was laughing so hard...

Tommy Tbird Blue
Going on with my bad self

biggrin.gif
I think this is a good place to tell this, our local newspaper every year has a section that prints valentine messages. My wife puts this in; it starts with a heart and large letters “You are loved” then below “John I Love You Truly, Madly, Deeply…Can I have the keys to your new T-Bird?” Now the best part is she won the contest for the funniest message, a $250 gift certificate to a local hotel and spa. She is pretty proud of her self and so am I.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

OK, Folks-this is the next topic I want to hit, for stories to print in the Scoop-any objections?

------------------
**********, **************************

Mid-sixties today so went for a little cruise with the top down. Drove into Sam's Warehouse gas station to fill up. As usual had 10 to 15 people come over to look at the car. A woman in about her sixties asked me how many miles I had on the car. I told her about 950. She dropped her jaw open and said no wonder this is such a nice 57 T-Bird that is incredibly low mileage for a 45 year old car. When I told her it was a 2002 T-Bird she dropped her jaw open a second time. She said your kidding aren't you. I Said no ma'm its a 2002. She said it was the most beautiful car she has seen since the 57 T-Bird came out. I finished filling up my tank and had a good laugh as I drove off.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

biggrin.gif
Well, here's another one for the books. If you've seen my bio you will see that I have a 69 Vette, I'm not a GM person at all. Just bought the car for an investment about 15 yrs. ago and still have it. I stopped at the local Chevy dealer tonight to see a classmate of mine. He is a salesman there and wanted to see the Bird. I drove up in front of the showroom and every salesperson in the place came out to see the car. I got all kinds of questions about it, that I was more then willing to answer. Every sales person fell in love with this car. They really liked the Blue color also and the full interior. A couple of them even said that Chevy should have come out with something like this to compete with the T-Bird!! They were surprised that it had rear wheel drive and a V-8. One sales girl came out and though it was one of the old birds. I was there for about an hour and people comming into the dealership wanted to know what kind of Chevy this was. After they looked at it a little closer and saw the Bird wings on the hood and the trunk they knew it wasn't a Chevy. Didn't run into one person that didn't love this car. Even before they knew that I was the owned.

WHAT AN EGO BOOST !!!

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Just got back from an anniversary trip (18 years today) to Branson, MO. As usual the bird got a lot of attention (multiple "Wahoos" on the streets of Branson). There were a couple of good lines I heard from folks reacting to the car. The first was when we pulled into a Sonic on the way over for a quick lunch. The guy sitting at a picnic table with a big grin on his face yelled at me, "Do you need someone else to test drive that car for you?" I told him thanks, I had it covered. We treated him and is buddies to a loud rendition of "Fun, Fun, Fun" as we drove off.

The second one was when I went in to pay for some gas at a Phillips 66 station in "Hicksville", MO. A guy that was parked on the side of the building told his wife they needed to leave out the front door to "take the scenic route to the car". She said "I know what scenary you are wanting to look at". They did a 360 around the car with my wife sitting in it!

As a side note - the car performed flawlessly on the 350 mile round trip, averaging a solid 23 mpg while driving as spiritedly as humanly possible over mountain roads. What a rush!

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Took a little drive this last week, to a small town in Tennessee known for its "Antique/Junque" shops. As we drove into town we passed a policeman watching the traffic. Later we parked on the street adjacent to one of the shops. I noticed real increase in the traffic on that street, mostly police cars. One of the officers smiled and waved real big.

On the way back into Nashville we started watching the traffic watching us. There was especially a lot of head turning from the traffic leaving the Saturn plant.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

Yes, I am a female. And I am used to having attention, on occasion, from people looking at ME, but the attention from men while I'm driving the T-bird is DEFINITELY not for me!

One more T-bird story: I was stuck in trafic on the way to work the other day and the guy in the truck next to me rolled down his passenger window and started talking to me about my car. After chatting back and forth for a while in the stop-and-go traffic, he asked me to take him for a ride. I said "okay!", not really meaning it. He then asked me to lunch and asked me for my phone #. I told him I couldn't give my # to some stranger on the road. He said he understood, and told me the name of his business to get in touch with him. After I got to work, I decided to give him a call...after all, this was one of those "life story" types of things. We met at a local restaurant and he treated me to lunch. We had a great time talking and laughing about how we met.

When I told my brother the story, he said, "All right! The car is paying for itself!"

Originally posted by Tbird Lover:

One more T-bird story: I was stuck in trafic on the way to work the other day and the guy in the truck next to me rolled down his passenger window and started talking to me about my car. After chatting back and forth for a while in the stop-and-go traffic, he asked me to take him for a ride. I said "okay!", not really meaning it. He then asked me to lunch and asked me for my phone #. I told him I couldn't give my # to some stranger on the road. He said he understood, and told me the name of his business to get in touch with him. After I got to work, I decided to give him a call...after all, this was one of those "life story" types of things. We met at a local restaurant and he treated me to lunch. We had a great time talking and laughing about how we met.

Almost sounds like you've been reading the "Let the Stories Begin" on Ford's website.
smile.gif

I've gotten thumbs up from a gal driving a Corvette, a guy driving a BMW, a guy driving a Mercedes and a guy driving a Porsche.
A fellow driving a Jag XK8 pulled over and stopped to talk to me about the TBird. He thought that it was one of the best looking cars that he'd ever seen.
The best was from a young Marine at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (California). He was walking across the parking lot as I was pulling out of a parking space. He looked over and yelled "Hey Dog, great car!"

Wife and I were crusing down Western St. topless in the bird when my wife said there is a new T-Bird going the other way. It was the first one other than ours that we had seen on the street. It was a red one with the top off and full accent. Soon as I could pull a u-turn I did and the chase was on. Couple of miles and a couple of right turns we caught up with it. Woman driving and husband riding shotgun. We talked for a few seconds and then agreed to pull over into Hummer's Bar & Grill parking lot. Spoke for a few minutes exchanging names. I then mentioned that we had joined **** and were trying to get a chapter started here. Randy said that he would join and he would help get it going plus we could use his place for the meetings. He said you've probably heard of my business, Ron Clark Ford. His Dad retired and now Randy Clark is the owner. They had to go somewhere so we split up but will be getting together for more cruises and setting up a chapter here in Amarillo. My dealer might not like it, but he never offered his place for meetings. I'll just have to tell him that the early bird gets the worm.

Had to share this one.

Today, I crossed the border into the United States at the Lacolle Border Crossing near Champlain NY. I was going to my marina to pay my dockage fees for next summer.

I was pulled over at the border... Not for a formal inspection but because the guy on duty at the booth was going on break and wanted to check the car out from closer.

I got the same reception on my return trip into Canada... But this time the lady was nice and asked if I would not mind pulling over so she could look at the car.

If this keeps up I think I am going to get a CanPass.

I'll post more on California Cruise I later, but I think this qualifies as a "story" all by itself.

Howlee (John), ronj (Ron), Ron's wife Kathy and I got together in Morro Bay on Saturday and decided to go out for dinner at a restaurant Ron suggested in the nearby town of Cayucos, one of those out of the way places you don't even know about unless you leave the main highway.

John and I rode in together and spotted Ron's brand new red/white hardtop parked on 'Main' street across from the restaurant. We joined them for dinner, had a fine meal at Hoppe's [good recommendation, Ron] and proceeded back to our cars. Before we got there we noticed something strange but familiar parked right alongside our cars and someone remarked, "Hey, is that another T-bird?" It was, and it was the first sighting 'in the wild' for any of us, but we had no idea to whom it belonged. It looked like a white softtop under street lights.

Assuming the owner was someone else who had joined us for the cruise, I left a note on the windshield welcoming them and left John's cell phone for a contact number. John got a call later that night from Bob Corsaro of Bakersfield. Bob and wife had happened to choose on the same restaurant and parked in the nearest spot. According to Bob, they didn't even notice our blue and red birds until they left their car.

Bob joined us the next morning at the Madonna Inn (assembly point for the last leg of the drive to Santa Barbara). We swapped stories and discovered that Bob is a grape grower in Bakersfield with an active interest in Formula Racing and bikes. He just bought a custom H-D V-Rod, in fact.

Bob couldn't make it to SB with his Bird - which turned out to be premium yellow in the daylight - but I did get the VIN for jodrod. 1FAHP60A12Y101570 (10/15 delivery).

-

I would imagine that most everyone is getting these reactions, but fun to report anyway....

We made a trip to Memphis this weekend. On I-40 we passed a pickup truck and my wife looked up to see the driver taking a picturre of the Bird thourgh his window. Later they passed us and his wife rolled down her window and took some more pictures.

In Memphis we were parked at GoldSmith's (department store) on the end of a row where I try to park. As we came out of the store I saw that a car had stopped. Two women had gotten out and one was taking a picture of the other standing by the Bird.

Later we stopped at a light next to the headquarters of a candidate for mayor of Memphis. There was a goodly crowd standing there listening to a political speech. Shortly about half the crowd was turned around looking at the Bird and waving and thumbs up and saying things like "hot car".

Also, on the street as we drove along more than once a car would pull up and as we were driving, want to roll down the window and ask questions about the car. Fun, but really had to be careful in city traffic.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

Chapter 6 of the ongoing saga of Allison and Andrew is now posted TAKE ME TO THE STORIES. Chapter 6 was the end, right? No wait, there's more...

I went to my dentist today, and he is in a 4 story medical building with about 40 offices. There is a parking lot in the back for the doctors. Lo and behold, there was a triple black new bird sitting. I went up to the dentist, and asked if they knew who owned the bird, and the dentist's wife said it is hers. After long discussion on our mutual loves, the Dr. told me that one of hos friends has a red, and another, a yellow. All we need is a white to go along with my blue, and we can take a rainbow picture ( I will attempt to make that happen). Also , a couple of weeks ago, I was parked in the driveway of my local dealer, when a professional videographer started taking pics of my car. After questioning him, I found that he is doing a Ford piece for National Geographic . Maybe my beautiful blue bird will make TV

metinsure (Charley)

02 Thunderbird blue/blue premium black accent
71 Rolls Royce, National Concours 3rd in class(will trade for nice 57 Bird
98 Suburban 2500 diesel
00 Saab 9.3 se Conv.
87 Harley Heritage Showbike

Last week on my way to work I was stopped at a traffic light waiting to make a left. The cars that had the green were turning in front of me from the opposite corner. One of the drivers saw my car as he was turning and kept his gaze fixed on the car not paying attention to the fact that a vehicle slowed down in front of him. The rest is history. That was the first time I ever caused an accident by standing still.

Love this car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back