Let the stories begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here's an interesting story...I was talking to my old boss yesterday, and her husband is close friends with the GM for one of the local Lincoln/Mercury dealerships here in Fort Lauderdale. He bought his wife a new T-Bird and after a week she told him to "get rid of it"! When I asked my boss why in the world the lady didn't want the car she told me that the car attracted way too much attention for her. Also attracted too many weirdos and she couldn't handle it...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just picked up my car today. The first time I tried the radio, the station played "Born to be Wild".
smile.gif
On the mile long drive home I passed a high school that was just letting out and had to stop for a light. Before I knew what was happening, a crowd had gathered in the intersection for a closer look. They were just curious, but I think I understand the concern of the car dealer's wife. There are going to be a lot of stories to tell about this car.

GABIRD - Sorry, I had mentioned in a couple of posts my upcoming trip, but was not sure of the time we would reach Atlanta, so did not try to arrange anything. The Varsity was just a spur of the moment thing due to the comments on this board. Next trip I will try to coordinate the Varsity stop with some of you. Thanks for the interest.
Chris

I would like to extend thanks to *************. Because of Tony my 2002 Thunderbird is the "Cover Car" & story in the Jan./Feb. Issue of The Scoop. The Scoop is the **** (Vintage ******************************) Bi-Monthly Magazine. Tony asked me to write a story about the wait from the day I put a deposit down on the car until the day my wife & I took delivery including all the ups & downs in between. I took several pictures of the car and forward them with my story to Tony back in October and he made it into a very nice article. Thanks Tony !

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I've had my car one month today, and have 1300 miles on it. It was an absolutely beautiful day in Houston today--clear blue sky, 65, no wind. Perfect day for a Bird ride. (Of course, any day is a perfect day for a Bird ride, but today was more perfect.) Anyway, as I sat in traffic on the way home, a jogger slowed down, pulled his headphones off, and said he was glad to see a classic out in this weather. I just waved and thanked him.
Did I say I love this car?
Hugh in Houston

Just to let everyone know the LET THE STORIES BEGIN. On the Ford site is now showing episode #3. Seems to load real slow for me does anyone else have the same problem?

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

I'm using a T1 connection and the download time does not seem to be unreasonably long.

You will need the latest QuickTime (V5) to view the show.

The location is:

Thunderbird Stories

the link is in the upper right corner.

This is not to be belived. This morning I went to K-Mart to pick up a disposable camera to give to my salesman to take pics of the Bird when it came in. When I got there he was busy with another customer so I gave it to another salesman and told him my salesman would know what to do with it. Well I went back home and started to wash my truck. The wife came out about 1/2 way through washing the truck and said there was a call for me. I stopped washing, turned down the volume on the TV in the garage and picked up the phone. It was my salesman. Frist words out of his mouth were THE BIRD HAS LANDED!!! I couldn't believe it, I was just down there about 1 hour before that. It arrived late last night.
He said after he was finished with the people he was dealing with when I was there that he took their tradein and drove it to the back of the lot. On his way walking back to the showroom,now this is a pretty big lot, he spotted a bird in a row of trucks. It was mine, the only one they were expecting for at least another month. He gave me the call and the rest is history. I took pics. will post on the yahoo site. Pick it up Mon. afternoon.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/18 Delivery Date SOON!!

-

Congrats Gobird!

Originally posted by Gobird:
This is not to be belived. This morning I went to K-Mart to pick up a disposable camera to give to my salesman to take pics of the Bird when it came in. When I got there he was busy with another customer so I gave it to another salesman and told him my salesman would know what to do with it. Well I went back home and started to wash my truck. The wife came out about 1/2 way through washing the truck and said there was a call for me. I stopped washing, turned down the volume on the TV in the garage and picked up the phone. It was my salesman. Frist words out of his mouth were THE BIRD HAS LANDED!!! I couldn't believe it, I was just down there about 1 hour before that. It arrived late last night.
He said after he was finished with the people he was dealing with when I was there that he took their tradein and drove it to the back of the lot. On his way walking back to the showroom,now this is a pretty big lot, he spotted a bird in a row of trucks. It was mine, the only one they were expecting for at least another month. He gave me the call and the rest is history. I took pics. will post on the yahoo site. Pick it up Mon. afternoon.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.

Congratulations Gobird. I suppose you'll be at the dealers door step Monday A.M. waiting for someone to unlock the door to the place.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon, I would but I have to wash my garage floor for about the 5th time so the Bird has a clean place to live.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/18 Delivery 1/25/02 It's HERE

Wohooo Gobird!! Congrats! Now keep your fingers crossed for me! I got an e-mail from the factory saying that my car left via rail on 1/24. I'm still hoping to pick up my new baby this coming Saturday!

KB

I don't know who it was, but I saw a Red Premium on the road today. Was on my way to pick up a part for my 93 when it flashed past me on Highway 30 eastbound, with several cars gathered by it for a closer look.

------------------
**********, **************************

The arrival of my bird created quite a dilemna and a great story. My wife and I were having our 5th child and she was overdue.

Then the bird arrived -- 200 miles and 3.5 hours round trip with no local airport.

To make a long and painful story short, my bird sat at the dealer showroom for two weeks (one week before the baby and one week after).

Two days after we arrived home with our new baby, my dealer flat bedded the car to my house. My wife was still recovering from a difficult birth and in bed and I didn't take it for a real drive until she was up and about the cabin.

But now I have six children!!!

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

Yesterday must have been T-Bird Gawkers Day. I drove up from Atlanta to Gainesville and was cut off at least 4 times by various drivers who caught up to me then slowed down to look. The result was I was stuck behind cars that I would normally had been around and gone because I couldn't change lanes. Although the waves of approval are nice to get, getting stuck behind slow traffic is not the best result.

Gobird,I hope you haven't put too many miles on the little lady yet! Every new arrival makes me even more excited to get mine. I heard from Dave Davis at Wixom on Friday and he says mine could be in production in 2-3 weeks. I hope to be there for its birth!!!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Getting Pumped!

Yellow '76

Tip, picked up the Bird around 4pm today. right now only have 38 miles on it. Sweet Car.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back