Let the stories begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,
I made a trip this last Saturday to Burnet, TX to check out the Confederate Air Force Museum they have and on the way back up I-35 I spotted a Red '02 going south at the I-35W/I35E split. I was busy changing lanes a could not tell which wheels it had (softtop up). After I got on I-35W and was near Grandview I had a White Hardtop pass me. Again, I couldn't see the wheels as I was only driving about 75 MPH!! The car was gone before I could check it out closely. The guy probably was in Ft. Worth 20 minutes ahead of me!!! It's kinda' nice seeing them on the road..
George,
NRH, TX
Blue/White/full Blue on order......

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I work in a secured area and every morning when I come in I have to call the guards desk and notify them that I am opening the area. Yesterday when I called, the guard asked me how my new car was doing. I inquired "What new car?" (I have had it for 4 months now) and he said the TBird. Keep in mind I have never met the man face to face, just the phone call every morning. Interesting how word spreads.

I got a knock on the door from my gardener this morning who was excited and all smiles and wanted to ask me about the new car he had seen through the garage window (I keep it locked inside, of course). I obliged him by backing it into the driveway for a better look. The smile grew even broader as I let him sit behind the wheel and listen to the sound system.

I left him to finish his work and thought that was the end of it, but an hour later I discovered he had returned with his entire family - wife, kids and mother-in-law - for a look at the "magnificent blue sports car" - if my elementary Spanish serves me. I gathered that the new T-bird has generated a lot of interest in the Hispanic community, but this was the first time they had a chance to see one up close. Maybe I should take it across town for the low rider cruise one night.
smile.gif

We spent a few days last week in Laughlin, Nev. They must not see too many birds. The valet guys fought over parking ours. Amazing Got my ceiling hoist up and took top off for first time. No problems. Neighbors follow us home to look at car!!

Episode 4 - the tie-in to the commercial. We knew it was coming, but still worth a look... TAKE ME TO THE STORIES

Is anyone else having trouble viewing these files? Everytime I try to "Go to the stories", I get a messager saying I need Quicktime installed. However, I have it. Have uninstalled and installed many times. Anyone else solved this problem. I was able to view the 1st episode when it was available, but none since.

-

Try reconnecting more than once. QT sometimes fails to detect the plug-in the first time for me.

Ok, while in the process of moving my TBird from one garage to another we had another encounter. In the process of settling the way to put the car in its space we had a... a... SLK (Kompressor I think)stop in the middle of the street to get out and visit my car. As he was drooling over the car we had a 10 car backup oogeling (drooling) over my car. All this on a one lane street. And the Mercedes owner said "this is so beautiful it is just enough to make me trade in my new car.

I will try and post this again, first one failed, I think.
While moving my baby from one garage to another, I had a nice thing happen to us. We were parked figuring the process to get the TBird in the new garage, when there started a small traffic jam. A little blue car stopped in the middle of the small street and came over and started admiring my car. Next thing you know there are 8 cars watching this admiration party.(no horns) And the SLK (Kompressor ?) owner said,, "Well this is beautiful enough to make me trade in the my Mercedes".... His was a cute little car buy way our classed by my black beauty. He also said it was the first one he saw and he could not stop drooling over my beauty. I tried to move this car so not many people knew I was changing garages, but I guess that would have to be under a stealth cloak or something.

This is the first full day with the car. The South is known for their hospitality, but this has been an unusual day. Parked in the end parking spot at the gro. and walked out to find all these cars around us. Every where we went we got nothing but compliments, everyone wants a look. Has anyone else noticed that it seems to draw a 50 and older crowd which makes since if they remember the 55 and 56 bird.

Stonewall, get used to it, this happens all the time. And always watch your back while driving, people do the strangest things just to get a look at the front, back and inside of your moving car. So be careful be very , very careful. BTW congratulations.......

We have found similar things happening to us. We've decided that when we go to K-Mart or Wallmart that we have to allow at least 1/2 hour extra to talk to people in the parking lot. Went to Walmart the other night, spent about 15 min. in the store and 45 min. in the parking lot talking to complete strangers about the car and freezing our A-- off while doing it. Hay! You gotta do what you gotta do. Ain't it Great.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

I brought a picture of mine into work last week. I showed it to one of my co-workers, who asked me if I restored it myself....

Lots of stares today while driving...bunches of thumbs up. Couple of fellows asked me if the wheels came with the car, or did I special order them....

When folks ask me if I like it..I tell them it's like my favorite 15 Christmases combined!

TTBB

trcruiser - Thanks for your suggestion regarding my problem loading the stories, but my problems continued until today. I finally began disabling programs that might affect the browser, including my firewall.

I eventually discovered that you must turn off "Browser Integration" on Download Accelerator to allow the Ford site to load. I finally got to see episodes 2 - 5.

Took the new bird on its first long trip, Nashville to Tulsa and Dallas. Of course, got the usual thumbs up and smiles. On the way back on I-40 we got a friendly double-honk from a 18 wheeler. Another trucker manuevered his rig so he could travel on our right. Then several time he moved just ahead and then dropped back again to really get a good look. I guess he finally got his fill.

The car really handled well on the road. Some bad hiway was much easier in this car. Also, got about 24 mi/gal.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

did any one else notice the price range on this web page noted in the last post. It says 41,995 as they high price?? are they going to raise the price again. When doing a build your own car, it still comes out to the 39,995.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

My second day with the car, I picked up my daughter from school as usual. When you drive up, they page the kids to come to the car. She told me that when the called her over the intercom, instead of saying her name/her grade as usual, they said "Very tight car"/her name.

At the Taco Bell drive thru today, the young clerk at the window leaned out the window to get a better look at the car, and asked me "What kind of car is that? Is that the new Thunderbird?" When I confirmed that it was, he said "That is one TIGHT car!"

I have also found that in addition to being "tight", this car is definitely a MAN MAGNET. I have had the car about three weeks, and haven't seen one woman look twice at it. However, I get an unnerving amount of attention from men.
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
I don't know what gender you are but we get an equal amount from both male and female on this car. If your a female maybe they are not only looking at the car but at you also. My wife drives the car most of the time but we seem to get an equal amount of response on it.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back