Find Out How Rare Your '02-'05 Thunderbird is... | Page 22 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Find Out How Rare Your '02-'05 Thunderbird is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium
Body Color: Shadow Grey
Hardtop color: Shadow Grey
Interior color package : Black with shiny shifter knob and shiny tops of steering wheel.

1FAHP60A53Y106592

That VIN is invalid. I need the corrected last five digits. Thanks...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

oops..transposed 2 digits.

BZT,
1FAHP60A53Y106952

Order date: 10/1/2002
Build date: 2/24/2003
At Dealer: 3/9/2003
Sold Date: 3/22/2003 Sold by Bob Tomes Ford, Mckinney, TX

Your premium 2003 grey, grey hardtop, black accent interior, SST, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 1,111 made like this.

premium
gray body
gray top
black conv top
saddle interior
select shift
# 3y114130

rcjohny,

3y114130
Order Date: 5/12/2003
Date built: 6/20/2003
At Dealer: 6/27/2003
Sold Date: 9/2/2003 Sold by Republic Ford, Republic, MO
Your premium 2003 grey, no hardtop, saddle interior, SST, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of only 25 made like that (most came with the hardtop).

I wonder if the top was bought later? Quickdraw

Yes, the top was added later.... it left the factory without one. If you have the window sticker that will verify what I'm saying.

what are the rarest combos

sorry, i do have the 7 spoke crome wheels on it. i would like to know if there are any combos that are more rare than my 1 in 13. thanks for all you do.

sorry, i do have the 7 spoke crome wheels on it. i would like to know if there are any combos that are more rare than my 1 in 13. thanks for all you do.

Yes, There were 68,098 2002-2005 Tbirds made in total and out of that many there are many more rare than one out of 13. Counting the year, body color, hardtop, hardtop color, soft top color, interior color option, SST trans, and wheels there were even 110 combinations that were 1 of 1.

Most Birds had the hardtop, most were premium (instead of deluxe) most 2003 and later Birds had the SST trans, most of all years had 7 spoke chrome wheels, etc. So when you get a couple of the less demanded options on the same car you get into low numbers. But the merlot soft top was the rarest of all options. Only 100 cars were built with this color soft top. Of those 100 merlot soft tops, 11 went on black bodied cars, so there were only 89 merlot bodied tbirds made with the merlot soft top.

Do you have stats for my bird?

Hi,

Would you be able to tell me the build date, etc and rarity of my car? It is a:

2005 Medium Steel Blue - Premium
Partial Accent Interior
Vin 1FAHP60A35Y104135

Thanks much!

bobby

Hi,

Would you be able to tell me the build date, etc and rarity of my car? It is a:

2005 Medium Steel Blue - Premium
Partial Accent Interior
Vin 1FAHP60A35Y104135

Thanks much!

bobby

BlueThunder
1FAHP60A35Y104135
Order Date: 10/27/2004
Date Built: 12/15/2004
At Dealer: 12/30/2004
SOld date: 1/10/2005 Sold by Ernest McCarty Ford, Alabaster, AL

Your premium 2005 steel blue, steel blue hardtop, steel blue soft top, steel blue interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 51.

There is a yellow bird on ebay.
VIN 1FAHP60A12Y105456
7 spoke wheels, yellow hard top, black interior.
Any information?
Jim

yrbamje,
Yes Jim, I have info on ALL 2002-2005 Tbirds...
1FAHP60A12Y105456
Order Date: 3/19/2001
Date Built: 11/14/2001
At Dealer: 11/27/2001
Sold Date: 11/21/2002 Sold by: Quirk Ford, Quincy, MA
Your premium 2002 yellow, yellow hardtop, standard black interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 140.

Thank you very much for being a lifetime member.

find out how rare your '02...

To all.
I'm in Alabama, but am, kinda, looking for a yellow 'bird. Maybe not in the next few months, but in 6-8 months. I'm not really interested in buying a car on ebay, especially when, in general, you have to take someone's word for something. I'd rather see it, drive it, "feel" it before purchase.
However, if the deal would be good enough, the wife and I would hop in her red bird and we'd be off.
Thanks for the info.
Jim

The forum is a good place to start. If you know where the car is, before going to see it, post here and possibly a member on the Forum could take an advance look for you, just to make sure before you waste a trip😎
BTW, if you want yellow that would be a 2002. If you want a later model then the only other one close to yellow was the 2005 Inca Gold. And there is a difference

Last edited:
Find out how rare...

Thanks, George.
I really didn't think about the forum, but I'll do that when I get serious.

Hi All,

I just joined and am a very dedicated Excursion owner, but my dad has an '04 T-Bird. He asked me to do a search about the Oxygen Sensor location and I came across this site.

I think all these stats are great! I do a very similar thing with Sunline RV's, but I have to gather all the info because all the records were destroyed when the company shut down.

Quickdraw, when you get a chance, could you tell me how many were made like this and verify the dates?

2004 T-Bird
Body Color: Silver Birch Clearcoat Metallic
Interior Color: Black Ink (with shiny black shift knob and steering wheel)
Hard Top Color: Silver Birch CC Metallic
Soft Top Color: Black
Does have SST option
16 spoke aluminum wheels

Not sure if it matters, but it did come with the holder/cart for the hard top, the cloth cover/bag for the hard top, and a black tonneau cover.

VIN: 1FAHP60A34Y104196

Build Date: 10/13/03
Date at Dealer: 10/15/03
Sale Date: 2/24/04
Original Selling Dealer should have been Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, MI
He originally leased it for 4 years/60,000, and decided that he liked it so much that he bought it out. Surprisingly, leasing and buying outright was cheaper than buying outright up front.

Only real problem so far (after about 80k) has been the chrome trim pieces around the windshield. We've replaced them because the chrome bubbled up and started to peel. The dealer tried to convince us that it was from taking it through the automatic car wash, which it very rarely does, and of course never with the soft top on. Most of the time it's hand washed or taken to a quarter car wash.

We also just ran out of the strips for the top, and instead of buying the original Ford ones, which aren't cheap, we got a roll of clear adhesive 3M film (like they put on headlights) and cut it using an old backing paper as a pattern. It now stays on all the time, and so far hasn't started peeling at any corner.

Jon

Jon, (Sunline Fan)
Order date: 6/9/2003
Date built: 10/13/2003
At dealer: 10/15/2003
Date Sold: 2/24/2004 Sold by Varsity Ford, Ann Arbor, MI
Your premium 2004 Platinum Silver, Platinum Silver hardtop, black accent interior, SST, 16 spoke machined wheels is one of 645 made like this.

You said you were looking for info on the oxygen sensor, FWIW my 2002 Lincoln LS (same engine as the TBird) had a check engine light come on and I went to Autozone where they scan the codes for free. They said it was oxygen sensor #1 and new ones cost $44 each (2 required). The location of OS #1 is closest to the cylinder head and before the catalytic converter.

Jon, (Sunline Fan)
Order date: 6/9/2003
Date built: 10/13/2003
At dealer: 10/15/2003
Date Sold: 2/24/2004 Sold by Varsity Ford, Ann Arbor, MI
Your premium 2004 Platinum Silver, Platinum Silver hardtop, black accent interior, SST, 16 spoke machined wheels is one of 645 made like this.

Thank you very much!

Funny that there's 644 other ones out there, we've only seen maybe one or two others in silver with the 16 spoke wheels.

You said you were looking for info on the oxygen sensor, FWIW my 2002 Lincoln LS (same engine as the TBird) had a check engine light come on and I went to Autozone where they scan the codes for free. They said it was oxygen sensor #1 and new ones cost $44 each (2 required). The location of OS #1 is closest to the cylinder head and before the catalytic converter

It does amaze me how similar it is to an LS. My dad had an '01 LS before this. The dash/radio/HVAC part of the dash is like identical. He did have the check engine light come on a few different times and stopped at Autozone today. They told him too that it was sensor #1 so he bought the part, but he wanted me to find out where it was so he could change it. Thanks for the location...I'll pass it on to him- I hadn't found anything from searching yet.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back