Embarrased a Corvette!!! | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Embarrased a Corvette!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Norman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I am driving on highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach. I stop the Blue Thunderbird at a red light at 6th Avenue South. A white 2001 Corvette pulls up right beside me in the left lane. The guy rolls down the window and yells across; "What a great looking T-Bird!" I try to repay the compliment but I have a slip of the tongue and shout back at him; "Nice Camaro, Buddy!"
When the light turned green, he was long gone!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

redface.gif
Norman, boy did you screw up, but he'll get over it.

PS, I guess you know that we are not in the same class as those Vette owners althought I do have a 69 vette. YEA RIGHT!!
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

eek.gif
JimBob Now that would have really been a dig.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

A slip of the tongue or is there something deeper in your mispeak???????????

The new 'vettes are good looking vehicles, but definitely not a 'Bird!!

Oh well, that's the price you pay if you want good skid pad results (right GW) - a car that is just run of the mill in the looks department.

Gobird - is your '69 a convertible or a coupe. Now that I've got my first dream car, my second is a '69-'71 corvette convertible. How do you like it?

biggrin.gif
Hansenisu, It is a T-Top, 350 , 300hp, 4 speed with factory side pipes + fac. air. It is Monco Orange although if you bought a Camaro of the same year it would be called Hugger Orange. I've had this car for 14 yrs now and it runs great, for a Chevy. It is eye candy but not near as much as the T-Bird.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Norman,

Could you see smoke coming out of his cockpit as he drove away? Was it coming from his ears???

Originally posted by Norman:
This morning I am driving on highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach. I stop the Blue Thunderbird at a red light at 6th Avenue South. A white 2001 Corvette pulls up right beside me in the left lane. The guy rolls down the window and yells across; "What a great looking T-Bird!" I try to repay the compliment but I have a slip of the tongue and shout back at him; "Nice Camaro, Buddy!"
When the light turned green, he was long gone!

He probably wasn't to embarrased.... after all, even a Camaro could have toasted your car... unless its a V6 base and not a Z28, then they would be close, performance wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back