Embarrased a Corvette!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I am driving on highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach. I stop the Blue Thunderbird at a red light at 6th Avenue South. A white 2001 Corvette pulls up right beside me in the left lane. The guy rolls down the window and yells across; "What a great looking T-Bird!" I try to repay the compliment but I have a slip of the tongue and shout back at him; "Nice Camaro, Buddy!"
When the light turned green, he was long gone!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

redface.gif
Norman, boy did you screw up, but he'll get over it.

PS, I guess you know that we are not in the same class as those Vette owners althought I do have a 69 vette. YEA RIGHT!!
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

eek.gif
JimBob Now that would have really been a dig.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

A slip of the tongue or is there something deeper in your mispeak???????????

The new 'vettes are good looking vehicles, but definitely not a 'Bird!!

Oh well, that's the price you pay if you want good skid pad results (right GW) - a car that is just run of the mill in the looks department.

Gobird - is your '69 a convertible or a coupe. Now that I've got my first dream car, my second is a '69-'71 corvette convertible. How do you like it?

biggrin.gif
Hansenisu, It is a T-Top, 350 , 300hp, 4 speed with factory side pipes + fac. air. It is Monco Orange although if you bought a Camaro of the same year it would be called Hugger Orange. I've had this car for 14 yrs now and it runs great, for a Chevy. It is eye candy but not near as much as the T-Bird.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Norman,

Could you see smoke coming out of his cockpit as he drove away? Was it coming from his ears???

Originally posted by Norman:
This morning I am driving on highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach. I stop the Blue Thunderbird at a red light at 6th Avenue South. A white 2001 Corvette pulls up right beside me in the left lane. The guy rolls down the window and yells across; "What a great looking T-Bird!" I try to repay the compliment but I have a slip of the tongue and shout back at him; "Nice Camaro, Buddy!"
When the light turned green, he was long gone!

He probably wasn't to embarrased.... after all, even a Camaro could have toasted your car... unless its a V6 base and not a Z28, then they would be close, performance wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back