Thunderbirds on Display at the Beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Thursday, May 2nd, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (edt) WNMB Radio will be hosting a live broadcast at Sandhills Bank, 11th avenue North and Highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach, as the bank celebrates its second anniversary. Free Food; door prizes, etc. We'll have our three 2002 Ford Thunderbirds on display; some free T-shirts too; so we invite any of you within range to come and join us. Bring your Thunderbird. We'll have someone on security duty the whole time in order to protect the cars.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The weather forecast for North Myrtle Beach, S.C. for Thursday is calling for sunny with a high of 86 to 91.
Anyone within driving range is welcome to come to the Beach, have hot dogs, ice cream and cold things to drink.
(per above)

Heelbird; you can take a "sick" day. Think about it. Here we are, baby boomers, 40s and 50s, and we all act and feel like kids with these Thunderbirds.
Someone called my office from Myrtle Beach this afternoon and they are bringing their new Bird, so there will be at least 4 on display. I believe the caller said his car was black.

Hmmmm..coulda been an option, but I doubt if First Citizens would look too kindly on my taking a sick day to attend an event at another bank!

I kinda need to keep this job for at least 53 more monthly payments......

It's 3:30 p.m. edt and we just got back to the radio station after doing a day long broadcast at the bank as outlined above. It was absolutely amazing how many people came to see these cars. They were parked right along side busy highway 17. Motorists passing by who did not stop blew their horns; but many came to the broadcast. There were some hilarious moments. One woman came up to me and asked what time we were drawing for the Thunderbirds! One woman wanted to know if I was married (although her interest was clearly more in the Birds than in me)! One fellow came up and said these 55 Thunderbirds were so pretty and he wished they made them today!
One woman opened the driver side door on the Neiman car, sat herself down and pronounced that she was going to the Ford dealer and get herself one just like it! And, finally, although I could go on with this for a long time, one guy came up....looked at the Neiman car...and said, "Boy, you got yourself a treasure here. I'll bet you could sell that thing for eighty thousand dollars!!" My reply; "show me the money!"

WELL AS MUCH AS I like my Bird I think I would let it go for that kind of $$$.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back