Drivers Test | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Drivers Test

• Thread starter Thread starter Gobird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
Here is a question for everyone on the board.What kind of car did you first take your drivers test in? I took mine in my dads 1961 or 62, not sure about the year, Volkswagen Bus with the sky lights along the sides of the roof and a fold back sunroof.
rolleyes.gif

Joe I made the three point turn around in two points with the Bus

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was supposed to take it in the 63 Falcon I had bought for my first car, but we (Dad & I) had not finished rebuilding the engine yet. So I became the luckiest kid around because I got to take my test in my Mom's 67 Corvette Stingray 427 C.I. 435 H.P. Tri-Power 4 speed rocket. i resisted the temptations and passed my test. That was the summer of 69.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

A 1958 Buick Super. The car weighed 4,500 pounds and was 218" long....I believe longer than any current sedan by far.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

biggrin.gif
rlstonejr, did you say that was a Model A or a Model T ?
tongue.gif
Just wondering.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Gobird - it was 1971. I was 17. it was just before the drug years and those brain cells are long gone.
cool.gif

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

That's easy..Dad's new '66 Ford. It was a Galaxie 500 4 door hardtop with a 390 V/8 and all the other goodies! Passed it first time too (even though the back right tire was on the curb after parking!).

1965 Chevrolet Impala. I have a 1965 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport that I restored this year and drive all the time. Those were the days. Oh, I am told by my 16 year old son you now say "Back in the Day"

That’s a while ago, I know the car was a Rambler station wagon, and think the year of the car was a 61. I think it was the first year they put an aluminum 6 in it. The test was in 64, and I passed. Back in those days on Maui, there was not much to it and no traffic, and one stoplight to worry about. When we think about it "those were the days".
biggrin.gif
John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

In my then girl friend's 53 Merc convertible in 1956. OUCH

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

In my parent's '57 Ford Station Wagon - 3-speed overdrive - back in '64. Then again in the same car in '69 when George & I moved to Washington State and I was required to take it again to get their license. We still have the wagon.

I took mine in my folks 65 LTD. Shortly thereafter Dad traded it for a 71 Torino GT that we had an agreement on. The agreement was that if I wouldn't start smoking he would spring for a new car when I turned 16. Anybody else out there have any deals like that with their folks?

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I took my test in my parents '52 Ford 4dr in
'59. On the way home my Dad and I stopped at a used car lot and I bought a '54 Ford for my first car.

Gobird,
We don't sell many cars, but have got ourselves down to just eight, with the new T-Bird.
George

Status
Not open for further replies.