Drivers Test | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Drivers Test

• Thread starter Thread starter Gobird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

1968 Datsun pickup with the smallest 4 cylinder ever put in a truck. We called it the rice burner. My buddies thought it would be funny to cross wire the spark plugs and we couldnt get over a speed bump. I failed. Now I practice medicine and restart people's hearts....scared yet!

Come On!! I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, much less what happened almost 40 years ago.

I got my license when I was 14 yrs 8 months old. At that time my mom was driving a 56 Merc Montclair (auto) so it wasn't that car. I think my dad had a Willys Jeep Wagoneer at that time and it wasn't that vehicle either. I think, but honestly can't remember, that it was the Driver Ed car and I have no memory of what that car was.

biggrin.gif
gmadams , sounds like your were smoking the good stuff long before the rest of us were.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Mr. Peobody's Way Back Machine says that my drivers test was in Daddy's Silver Blue '65 Ford Custom. Actually learned to drive in his 1955 Beige and white Ford Town Sedan....driving along the paths that led from the house into the fields and to the tobacco barns.

I was driving a black 53 Ford at the time, my brother and I were partners in the new car--purchsed by running paper routes. But in small town Arkansas I did not have to take the "driving" part of the test only the written part. Of course I drove to the test site by myself.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

My dad's 1954 Chevy 4dr sedan in 1956. Three speed stick, w/o PS, did have R&H though
smile.gif

------------------
Charlie
VENUS, a Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent.
VIN 12778

I took mine in a 1969 Baby Blue Chevy Nova with a piece of wood covering the hole in the rear floor board, AM radio and a bench seat that would not adjust. Did I mention that the car cost $1. By the way this was in 1984

Sorry 10of11, but I have you beat. Was too embarrassed to tell when I got my license but then how many out there can remember 60 years ago? I also took my test in Dad's Studebaker Champion. It was either a 1939 or 1940. Had the hill holder and I think the starter was under the clutch. The next day Dad co-signed a note for me to buy a 1936 British Austin "7". I had the largest paper route in L.A. and used the car to deliver papers. Made $40.00 a month. WOW!!

I took mine in a 78 toyota corola station wagon 5 spd with wood paneling.

For my motorcycle license in Texas it was a 1983 Honda Ascot VT500FT and in North Carolina a 1992 Honda VFR 750 Interceptor.

1985 Nissan Xcab Pickup. Manual Transmission! I hated learning how to drive a stick, but turned out to be a good thing when I learned to roast the tires and do donuts.

------------------
Tbird

Mine was in a 1963 VW the first VW in the one hole town of Coldwater, KS. I would love to see the teens today pass a drivers test with a stick on a hill!!

By the way, my first car was a 1929 Model A Ford I bought in high school to restore. That was back in 1965.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.