Buying New one couple of questions | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Buying New one couple of questions

• Thread starter Thread starter fuzzdevil
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F
Reaction score
The wife & I just got a great offer from our local dealer -- trading our 2002 for a 2005. The car is driven by my wife 99% of the time & she wants heated seats. The car they have at the dealer does not come with a hard top and does not have the Select Shift. We really wanted to buy a car with the select shift, the dealer not having one we havn't a chance to drive one. Can anyone tell me if the the select shift is worth it? We have a top for our 02 so that isn't that big of an issue, and we have basically 24 hours to make up our minds. The 3.9 l motor is pretty sweet, the 05 seems much zipperier.

Tnx

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

hmm thats what i am beginning to think, I would be more likely to use it than she, but I won't be driving it, I drive my motorbike or my exploder

I think we are heading over to get it....

Ive never used the SST on my LS... it's the same exact trans and a non-sst can be converted to SST for about $200 worth of Ford parts.... the SST is a $130 option when bought with the car.

the 02 is gone and the 05 is in the driveway, I like the larger engine, and the wife is crazy over the seat warmers, btw i drove the new mustang while we were there, pretty fun car too.

One dissenting voice in the crowd, I use my SST all the time. The reason I do this is because somewhere here on the forums I read how brakes were wearing out before 30,000 miles. The reason they gave was the transmission will get to 5th gear whenever it can and when you are braking it does nothing to slow you down with "engine braking". (In So Cal I drive the freeways a lot and am slowing down from 65++ all the time) It went on to say that at least put it in D4 to use the engine to slow you down a little bit.

00mustng said:
.....just wondering what colour your '05 is?.....what colour was your '02?......

Whats the matter Martin, gonna get on them if they traded in a 02 Yellow? <grin>

BartMack said:
yeah baby! I have a GT slated to be built next week! 😎 😀

Are you serious? A red with white strpies, right? Send me the VIN, PM if you wish, and I'll track it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back