2005 Thunderbird Value?

Fatman.....dumb question but what does your wife say? If she says go for it then do it! I paid lower and have 20000 less miles on mine and immaculate. Seriously there are some really good and better deals out there but if your heart says this is the car then enough said. I still haven’t seen a pic. Can you put one on the board? Airpirate

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Fatman.....dumb question but what does your wife say? If she says go for it then do it! I paid lower and have 20000 less miles on mine and immaculate. Seriously there are some really good and better deals out there but if your heart says this is the car then enough said. I still haven’t seen a pic. Can you put one on the board? Airpirate

First thing; There are NO "Dumb Questions" just dumb answers!:D
Sorry to say, my Wife pass away 4yrs ago this June (Colon cancer), she would have loved to ride around, top down, her dog, Baxter, (a golden retriever), hanging out the passenger side, ears a-flap'en in the breeze (she loved that dog more then me).
We last talked Wednesday (dealer), there $ came from $20K to $17,500, I'll let it set on the lot a while, see what happens.
My "Money Dude" says call him and the check will be in the mail!
I'll keep Ya-all up to date, one way or the other. :)

How many miles? Thats my big question. Secondly whats the car’s history? Is there a historical maintenance log? Who last owned it and why did they trade it in? You should be able to walk away with this car for 15-16k. Guaranteed the previous owner only got 10-12k for trade in. Do some more research on pricing locally/nationally. The dealer in my opinion is ready to make instantaneous 6k off of this sale. I just read an article last week the the tbird retros really aren't increasing in value over the years. I have a 2002 and it has 29k miles and was quoted 8 k on tradein. I walked away with no regrets. I paid 16k four years ago for mine. You have some huge bartering power. I wouldnt him a penny over 16k.
Would be interested in reading that article. Do you still have a link, or know where you saw it? I have this discussion with folks from time to time. Some indicators point to the values stabilizing and coming up a little, but there's a whole lot of these cars selling for under $10K. Thanks!

First thing; There are NO "Dumb Questions" just dumb answers!:D
Sorry to say, my Wife pass away 4yrs ago this June (Colon cancer), she would have loved to ride around, top down, her dog, Baxter, (a golden retriever), hanging out the passenger side, ears a-flap'en in the breeze (she loved that dog more then me).
We last talked Wednesday (dealer), there $ came from $20K to $17,500, I'll let it set on the lot a while, see what happens.
My "Money Dude" says call him and the check will be in the mail!
I'll keep Ya-all up to date, one way or the other. :)
Fatman. Give him 16k and then i will feel ok. Believe me you can see by the comments that we are all on the same sheet of music cuz we all own one. Trying to protect and help you bro

Check ebay motors out. They have several low mileage tbirds and in multiple color schemes and resonably priced. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm locked in to eday for 03 thru 05 T-Birds, been watching them a long time now, agree lot's of low miles, low price car's, not many Cashmere's, the only two listed are from Gateway Classic Cars, 39K @ $32K, and 41K @ $33K.
I'v been scanning other sites, Autotrader, 22K @ $30K, 68K @ $23.500, Carsforsale, 50K @ $26K, 95K @ $15K. Also looking at; ebay,Cargurus, Trovit, Truecar,Carfax, and Edmunds.
Like I said, I'll let it set for awhile, then come back with a number. I'll start at $15 then go from there. This Bird has been on the lot less then two week's.

Thank you for your concern and trying to help and protect me. I'm only 18, with 54 years experience ( 18 + 54 = 72) and haven't done anything like this very much.:rolleyes:LOL

Also the local ( within 200 miles) Cragslist. There was one there @ $29K, didn't list the miles, try'ed to get in touch with him, no luck, never returned emails. it was up for a month, then taken down.

Hope you understand that my remark about your concern is in jest,

I think we are in the T-Bird / any car wanting to be a classic doldrums... There are a ton of 11th Gen's out there with a lot of them pushing over a 100k miles for daily drivers or birds that are being driven and enjoyed more than the occasional Sunday drive. We are seeing mileage all over the spectrum now.. And at 15 years old they are not really a collectors classic.. The only thing we are not seeing is the age of them fast forwarding to classic.. I think a lot of people may be giving up on them for a number of reasons.. Could be the repair costs or parts availability.. Also knowing that being a classic is still 20-25 years away. I find my self apologizing to the "classic" T-Bird owners that I cheated when I bought my 2002.. Think of what a price for a Gen 11 will be 15 or 25 years from now with a clean T-Bird with say those 50-70 k miles or less.. Will they be sought after? Just a few of my thoughts not worth more than a $.05..

Thank's tbird
But it's not a Cashmere model. I do like the wheel's.

No but it clearly indicates the one you are looking at is WAY overpriced!

Don't you think that the Cashmere option has a higher value?
I'v seen a bunch of Silver Bird's, lot's of Gold one's, not as many Red's or Black as I would have expected.
Only two (on eBay) with the Cashmere package.

Don't you think that the Cashmere option has a higher value?
I'v seen a bunch of Silver Bird's, lot's of Gold one's, not as many Red's or Black as I would have expected.
Only two (on eBay) with the Cashmere package.
Personal opinion, also based off my time selling Fords 20++ years ago.

Lots of people buy cars off emotions. What's so special about the Cashmere car? It has a plaque on the glove box with the production run. Total Production Number for the 2005 Ford Thunderbird is 9,295 and they made 1500 of these which is more than 10 percent of the entire year! How is that rare? It's not. If anything, there are more of them. As far as I am concerned, that was just a gimmick to sell the cars, and adds no significant additional value to the car. Ford has done this with other cars as well ,by adding floor mats and minor cosmetic details. I would not pay thousands more for it, that's for sure!

Selling my father in law's 2005 silver Anniversary Edition with about 54,000 miles on in. Florida car includes hard top with stand. Very clean inside and out. Open to reasonable offers. Will be taking photos in the next week or so. Can email photos to those who are interested.

"What's so special about the Cashmere car?"

I'v been a ford guy forever, my dad and granddaddy too.
I like T-Birds, all of them.
That said, I'm at a place in life that affords me the opportunity to have what I want, a couple a hundred buck's one way or the other really doesn't matter.
Of all the 11 gen's, the 05 Cashmere Special Edition does it for me.
If I was looking for the "rare one" it would be an Inca Gold Bird (only made 82).

I came on to this site to gather information about the 11 Gen. T-Birds. I do appreciate all comments, opinions, and suggestions. All are welcome!

I agree. It's not about "rare" it's about finding exactly what you want. It took me quite a while to find my 2004 Merlot with sand interior. I passed on/had little interest in any of the many, many, available red, black or silver cars, or anything with a black interior. (My wife is hot enough already.) :cool:

Update on this one: The last price I saw was $11,777. I had a doctor's appointment near there yesterday, so I stopped by and had a look afterward. The car was there and just as nice as the pictures. The guy came out and told me it was already sold. A lady in Wisconsin bought it sight-unseen, and is flying down for vacation with plans to drive it back. At that price I wasn't surprised. (Maybe I should offer her a set of COPs for the drive back . . . )

Again, all it takes is patience and good timing.

I don't know but I was watching Chasing Classic cars this morning and Wayne was at an auction where they had 3 Porsche's and they sold for 1.4 Million 1.1 Million and 3.4 Million.. Are you telling me that my T-bird is only worth $12,000.. They both have 4 wheels and tires one was red like mine.. Mine was the only car that was a convertible and an hard top.. All of them get you from point A to B in style.. :)

Just kidding guys!

Why are we as owners trying to drive the price of them down.. Just a thought.. My $.02 cents... If Fatman wants a 05 Cashmere and he can afford it, yes he may be paying a little more than some folks think he should, but he is not buying a daily driver like a that he will be getting rid of in 3 years.. This may be his forever car.. A care he really wants to enjoy of a very long time.. He know exactly what he wants etc.. More power to him.. Enjoy!

Back