2003 birds | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 birds

• Thread starter Thread starter anthony viceroy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthony viceroy

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
tonyv007@*******,new member, please help, want to buy 2003 bird, dlr,has7 left,new. all have hard top/premium. what is good price at this time of yr. dlr. is bringing me j.bond special edition 007 next week. color coral with white top, know i will love color combo, list about $43,000, what is fair price? also, how are these cars mechanically. i live in n.j. drive to n.y. everyday, is this just a weekend car? also, i am 6 ft. & power seats don't move up/down much or back due to limited space. any 6 footers own bird and how uncomfortable is it to sit in on a 2/3 hr ride? i'm coming out of a 95 lincoln mark 8 but no more eldos or marks made. only want 2 door luxury car with speed. bird is sharp/rare but i need to use it everday, practical? also dlr. has 2 leftover 2002,new birds/premium/hard tops inc. but engine has 28 horsepower less than 03. how much of difference does extra 28 horses make on 03 model? what is good price for left over 02 model or i think i should get good deal on 03 leftovers, as 04 will be coming in soon, please i need help, thank you guys, tonyv

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dealer probably will not deal much on the 007 car as only 700 were built. As for comfort I am 6'0" and 250lbs. It took awhile of playing with the seat controls but I did find a comfortable position. Farthest I have driven mine is 600 mile round trip and was relaxed the whole way. Know several people who have driven 1000's of miles at a time no problem. One from So. Calif to Chicago & back, one from So. Calif. to Dearborn, Mi. and back and one from Florida to Colorado and back. All said it was thouroughly engoyable. Gentleman from Florida is 6' 4".

Tony:
I'm 6'4" and it is slightly cramped, but love this car. It is no different than my '56 for space. There are a lot of us, 6' +, that drive these and don't mind it.
With all these Birds on the lots, and if you're serious, will a dealer let you have it for a weekend?
Some members of these forums have actually rented these while on business trips. Try that.
There are a lot out there for sale and I believe that you can make a great deal.
If you're willing to travel for it shop around. My dealer has plenty and he would probably deal. If you want me to call him let me know via a PM message. I'm up on the Mass/NH border.

I am a small woman with a 6'4" husband who absolutely loves my baby bird. The seat is comfortable, only problem is when he wears his Terry Labonte hat with the hardtop on, clearance disappears.

I live in NJ and have the luxury of not driving the '02 every day. I also have a '95 and use that when the weather is bad. I take it to work when the weather is good, and if you are located in northern NJ, you might just see me scooting off to work in the red '02 on I-80.

I absolutely love the car!🙂

Tony,

I am 6' and find the headroom ok. You have to adjust the power seat to find a comfortable position. With a little luck you will find it. I just love my bird.

Hi Tony. I'd recommend getting the '03 if you can work a deal. I paid 1% over invoice in early May for one, which at the time wasn't a bad price. As for it being a daily driver, the answer is yes. I'm 6'3", weigh 220 or so and fit just fine, top up or down--though you do have to fiddle with the seat a bit to get the right position. I'm in my T-Bird an hour each way to and from work every day. I enjoy virtually every minute of the ride....

Tony, I got my 2003 bird for almost $2,000.00 less than invoice.
Ordered it early May, got it mid June. Really love it. Only thing I don't like about it is the hardtop scuffing the paint.

have you checked e-bay? there are several new 2002's for 30k and under. i am looking to buy a new t-bird also and am a little perplexed over the difference in horsepower. something else to consider is that many of the low mileage used ones were once rentals.

Originally posted by anthony viceroy
also, i am 6 ft. & power seats don't move up/down much or back due to limited space. any 6 footers own bird and how uncomfortable is it to sit in on a 2/3 hr ride? i'm coming out of a 95 lincoln mark 8 but no more eldos or marks made. [/B][/QUOTE]

My dad's 94 Mk8 is sooo tight in the legroon-amazing for a huge car. I'm 5'10 but long legged and have all to do to find a sweet spot in the 8. If you can get comfy in there, the biird should be a breeze.

I also thought of having the seat rails set back a couple inches-I recall Shaq had that done in his SL when I saw him cruising in Orlando yrs ago.

fit

OK my 2cts worth, I'm 6' 3 1/2" tall and 185 lbs, head clearance is minimal but the joy factor more than compensates. As previously mentioned fiddle with the seat adjustments and you'll be just fine.

Took delivery November 02. Drove it from Cody WY to Okla City to Bradenton, Fl the first week. Three weeks later drove from Fl to Powell, WY. for a total of over 5,000 miles. Now have over 30,000 on it and still driving it everyday. Insurance company, State Farm asked for mileage when I renewed after six months and even after taking the stated premium they asked for an additional $55.00 because of high mileage. I am retired and drive only for pleasure and the Tbird fills the bill wonderfully. Liked the cockpit layout so well that I later bought a 2000 LS Lincoln, very low mileage, because the dash and driver controls are nearly alike. It would be a shame to save it for your grandkids. Three of mine said they want it when I'm through. I told them when I'm through the car will have been through most everything. Having a hard time finding time to park it. Bmcn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back