2002 TBird Instrument panel lights | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 TBird Instrument panel lights

• Thread starter Thread starter Bark624
  • Start date Start date
Bark624

Bark624

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Was driving my Bird recently at night, The instrument panel (temp, tach, speed, fuel) started blinking on and off, then went dark completely. Replaced the fuse, still no lights. Checked the relays in the box, all seem Ok. Thinking maybe there is a bulb burned out? Looking through the manual it says all dash lights must be serviced at a Dealership. All that means to me is $$$. Anybody else have this problem? And any cheaper alternatives? Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The headlights and dash are controlled by the FEM (front electronic module). There are other symptoms of the FEM going bad but the headlights are a big clue. Every now and then I had an issue with the wipers going on and off or the steering would stay in freeway mode when I got off the freeway. There are other issues like window drop problems and top problems, but when the headlights failed on the way to work it was time to replace it.

The headlights and dash are controlled by the FEM (front electronic module). There are other symptoms of the FEM going bad but the headlights are a big clue. Every now and then I had an issue with the wipers going on and off or the steering would stay in freeway mode when I got off the freeway. There are other issues like window drop problems and top problems, but when the headlights failed on the way to work it was time to replace it.
where do you find the FEM module. Johnnyb Sr.

where do you find the FEM module. Johnnyb Sr.
I had the speedometer lights issue that can be found in other threads. The service rep at my local dealer decided to try fixing the with a new FEM which was ordered through the Ford parts chain. It was installed and flashed with the original program, and it worked just fine. Fixed all of my problems. The FEM part number is 1W6Z 14B205 AA.

Send your front electronic model to Automotivemodules.com #734-228-8679. Just had mine repaired $208.00 + $14.75 mailing. Works great and also improved steering
The speed sensitive steering is controlled by the FEM. Before mine was replaced, I would get off the freeway and my steering felt like the power unit was no longer working.

Back