67 Instrument panel lights not working

7eric
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My 67 coupe's instrument panel only has the blue high beam indicator and the right turn signal indicator lighting up. Also, the interior lights also do not come on when the headlight switch is turned. Interior lights only work when the passenger door is opened.

I've checked the fuse and it is not bad.

Anyone have any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Might be a bad headlight switch. It operates the instrument lights by pulling it out. It operates the dome lights by twisting it to the left I believe. When you get to it there's a lil button on the bottom of it that you push and hold in and the switch handle will pull straight out. There will be a nut where the handle came out of that you take off to get it out of the dash. Remove the wire harness and install the new switch

Sounds like a bad ground , check ground wires or run a test ground to the dash

That did the trick. I installed a new switch and the lights all worked. Thanks.
Glad to be of service. That's why we're here to help each other out.
Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine

My 67 coupe's instrument panel only has the blue high beam indicator and the right turn signal indicator lighting up. Also, the interior lights also do not come on when the headlight switch is turned. Interior lights only work when the passenger door is opened.

I've checked the fuse and it is not bad.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sounds like the switch may be bad, but also, with a lot of the older cars, the contacts become corroded, Try taking the switch out and cleaning the contacts before you spend money on a new switch. Also look for any loose connections, while you are at it.

Sounds like the switch may be bad, but also, with a lot of the older cars, the contacts become corroded, Try taking the switch out and cleaning the contacts before you spend money on a new switch. Also look for any loose connections, while you are at it.
He noted in the post above he replaced the switch and that's what was wrong with it

Back