2002 Map Lights won't turn off

Unhook one of your terminals on your battery for about 5 minutes then reattach to see if that does it. A permant fix would be to pull the fuse and troubleshoot later. I am not home but on the road and will think of more options tonight or tomorrow.
Phil

my button would not click, took the mirror apart and put it back together and it worked. I think it was magic that caused it to work.

Another thing that has worked for me is to turn down the brightness of the dashboard lights just a smidge. A minute or two after you close your driver's door, the lights should go off. Hope this helps.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
I turned the dim down low while car on and then was able to click lights off. Once I shut the door they came back on. But went right off. I'll troubleshoot tomorrow if it does it again.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: Taj
problem....took out license plate bulb....now the new [colored] one does not light up nor the old one..[ not burned out] is there a seperate fuse for this. do not have a manual anyone have this problem.....any suggestion appreciated

I can turn my map lights on manually on my 2005 Anniversary TB but they will not come on automatically ever. We have followed instructions in the manual. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Hi there !

As posted on the title, the interior lamps will stay ON all the time, Engine running or not. Car locked or unlocked, I thought it could be a door sensor, but the light saying you've got a door open is not ON (and it works I tried so it's not just the light that is dead).

Any ideas ?!

Thank you !!

My first guess would be that you have the interior light dimmer rotated fully to the top, which is the “always on” position. Back it off a tad and you should feel a click as it goes into dimmer mode.

Purchased car yesterday. Today we were playing with all the buttons (takes about one minute. yay!). After turning on the map lamps, they won't turn off again. Both ends of the push button travel are lamps-on. I did notice that they go off about half way through the push button travel, so I've scotch taped them at the halfway point for now. Is this a computer reset issue?

If I can't figure it out, is it safe to drive around with the appropriate fuse out? Not sure what else won't work on the car without the fuse.

And just to prove that I used to listen to Click and Clack - the color is black.

Purchased car yesterday. Today we were playing with all the buttons (takes about one minute. yay!). After turning on the map lamps, they won't turn off again. Both ends of the push button travel are lamps-on. I did notice that they go off about half way through the push button travel, so I've scotch taped them at the halfway point for now. Is this a computer reset issue?

If I can't figure it out, is it safe to drive around with the appropriate fuse out? Not sure what else won't work on the car without the fuse.

And just to prove that I used to listen to Click and Clack - the color is black.
I purchased a 2004 a few weeks ago and had to replace some fuses. If you look in the trunk there is a fuse box. Try replacing the 10 amp fuse in the #4 slot. It worked for me.

Any chance while you were checking out all the buttons you rolled the switch on the left side behind the steering wheel all the way and turned the interior lights on? If it’s maxed out the map lights stay on. Easy to do because I try to keep my dash lights on highest setting since the gauges are so hard to see. You didn’t say in your post what year so I may be totally off since 2002 was different from the other years.

Any chance while you were checking out all the buttons you rolled the switch on the left side behind the steering wheel all the way and turned the interior lights on? If it’s maxed out the map lights stay on. Easy to do because I try to keep my dash lights on highest setting since the gauges are so hard to see. You didn’t say in your post what year so I may be totally off since 2002 was different from the other years.
I've got the dimmer not all the way up, headlights set to off, and doors closed. I *think* I was waiting at least ten minutes before checking after each state change in case there is a timer. I was debugging last night in the dark and the map lamps, as of now, are still taped to off. I'll figure it out!

Back