2002 headlight doesn't work on low beams but does on high beams/rear window adhesive

P

Pirate Girl

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have two problems with my 2002 Thunderbird. One headlight will not come on when on low beams, but does when on high beams. Bulb has been replaced and the whole kit has been replaced for about $1k! Still not working and the dealership has no clue.
2nd problem: the rear window seems to have lost the adhesive a bit and sometimes when I put the top back up a corner of the glass pokes out of the canvas. Should I put adhesive around the back window on all four sides of the window? Or does it need to stay "loose" in order to work right?
Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Welcome to the forum.

Anyone else have thoughts?
I thought the same thing. These cars run on computers and those computers are 16 years old. I think we are looking at the new COPS problem. All these strange little problems with lights and sensors acting up are all symptoms of a computer going bad. The FEM sends requests to the REM on all sorts of issues. When one of these fail all sorts of strange things can happen.

When mine went bad, the Ford dealer could not find anything wrong when they ran tests. I had all sorts of strange things going on. I had to ask them to replace the FEM. It was my suggestion and not theirs. One it was replaced all of the strange things disappeared.

I have two problems with my 2002 Thunderbird. One headlight will not come on when on low beams, but does when on high beams. Bulb has been replaced and the whole kit has been replaced for about $1k! Still not working and the dealership has no clue.
2nd problem: the rear window seems to have lost the adhesive a bit and sometimes when I put the top back up a corner of the glass pokes out of the canvas. Should I put adhesive around the back window on all four sides of the window? Or does it need to stay "loose" in order to work right?
Thanks!
Stay away from that mechanic! A new headlight is only $69.00 and you can replace one in 20 minutes. Even the brightest LED bulbs are less than $100.00 Actual trouble shooting the fact that one is "out" requires a shop manual and a Volt meter so likely a mechanic if you are not an engineer.
That same shop manual will tell you how to fix the top window. Mine is not loose but reading the book will give you details.

Back