02-05 A/C Blowning HOT AIR !!!HELP!!!

Hey everyone,
I have owned my bird for two years. She has 61K 0n the clock. The car was very well maintained. I have kept it the same way. Two days ago my ac was ice cold, today it blows hot air like the heater is on. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? We love the car and plan to keep it. Any ideas?
My 05 will do this at times
I have to set it on dual and hold down the air button a few seconds to get the air to start up when it blows hot air
Not sure what the cure is

Hey everyone,
I have owned my bird for two years. She has 61K 0n the clock. The car was very well maintained. I have kept it the same way. Two days ago my ac was ice cold, today it blows hot air like the heater is on. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? We love the car and plan to keep it. Any ideas?
Sure do
Hey everyone,
Order a new compressor have it installed and enjoy. Warranty is yrs.

Hi.
I would guess the blend door actuator is sticking. If its icy cold one day, then the system is working. When you regulate temperature the blend door opens or closes mixing hot and cold air, if it sticks one way or another you will got hot or cold air. I have had this happen in other cars, not the Tbird.
You might want to check it out.

Good luck,
John

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
There isn't enough information here to diagnose anything. Take it to a mechanic, any responses here will just be guesswork.

I will put my 2 cents in here & tell you the failed part is the dual control valves located on the pass. side half way down on the radiator. Their job is to mix hot coolant into the heater system to keep the cabin temps balance at your selected setting. One or both have failed & allows hot coolant to flow all the time.
It is made a a unit, they are about $150.00.

Hey everyone,
If the AC is broken then you would have air temperature similar to the outside temperature coming through the vents. If the air is hot like heated air then I would suspect the blend door (buried in the dashboard) . There is also a DCCV (dual coolant control valve) under the hood that can cause a similar problem.

My 04 T Bird blewing hot-air not I took it to the Ford dealer they said it was my AC heater climate control module from Ford it was priced at $1,900 for the unit did not include labor I found at. https://www.bonanza.com/listings/-REPAIR-SERVICE-2002-03-04-2005-Ford-Thunderbird-AC-Heater-Climate-Contro/565527224 I paid $100 for the repair of the unit $14 for returning the unit back to me also an additional $18 for me shipping it out to them for the repair I simply remove the unit out of my car and replace it back in the car and it works great thanks to Bonanza