02-05 A/C Blowning HOT AIR !!!HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
I have owned my bird for two years. She has 61K 0n the clock. The car was very well maintained. I have kept it the same way. Two days ago my ac was ice cold, today it blows hot air like the heater is on. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? We love the car and plan to keep it. Any ideas?
My 05 will do this at times
I have to set it on dual and hold down the air button a few seconds to get the air to start up when it blows hot air
Not sure what the cure is

Hey everyone,
I have owned my bird for two years. She has 61K 0n the clock. The car was very well maintained. I have kept it the same way. Two days ago my ac was ice cold, today it blows hot air like the heater is on. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? We love the car and plan to keep it. Any ideas?
Sure do
Hey everyone,
Order a new compressor have it installed and enjoy. Warranty is yrs.

Hi.
I would guess the blend door actuator is sticking. If its icy cold one day, then the system is working. When you regulate temperature the blend door opens or closes mixing hot and cold air, if it sticks one way or another you will got hot or cold air. I have had this happen in other cars, not the Tbird.
You might want to check it out.

Good luck,
John

There isn't enough information here to diagnose anything. Take it to a mechanic, any responses here will just be guesswork.

I will put my 2 cents in here & tell you the failed part is the dual control valves located on the pass. side half way down on the radiator. Their job is to mix hot coolant into the heater system to keep the cabin temps balance at your selected setting. One or both have failed & allows hot coolant to flow all the time.
It is made a a unit, they are about $150.00.

Hey everyone,

If the AC is broken then you would have air temperature similar to the outside temperature coming through the vents. If the air is hot like heated air then I would suspect the blend door (buried in the dashboard) . There is also a DCCV (dual coolant control valve) under the hood that can cause a similar problem.

My 04 T Bird blewing hot-air not I took it to the Ford dealer they said it was my AC heater climate control module from Ford it was priced at $1,900 for the unit did not include labor I found at. Buy repair service dvd. I paid $100 for the repair of the unit $14 for returning the unit back to me also an additional $18 for me shipping it out to them for the repair I simply remove the unit out of my car and replace it back in the car and it works great thanks to Bonanza

Last edited by a moderator:
Air conditioner problems wit 2002 ford Thunderbird started blowing hot air Blew cold air 1 day next day blew hot air and continues to blow hot air.

Forum, Thanks for the Assist. Used the search function and found the low side AC Service port, hidden right where ya'll said it would be, DS Front Fender well access, back of the compressor.

At 80 degrees ambient temp I had only 25 psi at the port. Shot in just enough to bring it to 33 psi steady, well, I shot in the quarter can I had on hand! Put the temp probe in the vents and found that using max/recirculate, the drivers side now blows 55 degree air with the passenger side lagging behind but still a good output of 62 degree air. Prolly run it a week or so and check again, would like to sneak up on the 40 to 45 psi recommended for the refrigerant.

Other than slowly coming to the conclusion that most services will require jacking and partial disassembly of the vehicle I'm pleased. Did find the battery vent hose and hooked it back up.....now on to the 3 of 4 dry cracked tires and continuing to chase that pesky trunk clunk.

Forum, Thanks for the Assist. Used the search function and found the low side AC Service port, hidden right where ya'll said it would be, DS Front Fender well access, back of the compressor.

At 80 degrees ambient temp I had only 25 psi at the port. Shot in just enough to bring it to 33 psi steady, well, I shot in the quarter can I had on hand! Put the temp probe in the vents and found that using max/recirculate, the drivers side now blows 55 degree air with the passenger side lagging behind but still a good output of 62 degree air. Prolly run it a week or so and check again, would like to sneak up on the 40 to 45 psi recommended for the refrigerant.

Other than slowly coming to the conclusion that most services will require jacking and partial disassembly of the vehicle I'm pleased. Did find the battery vent hose and hooked it back up.....now on to the 3 of 4 dry cracked tires and continuing to chase that pesky trunk clunk.
FYI. There will always be a difference in temp between driver and passenger side vents. The difference is small on a perfectly charged system but is greater the warmer it gets on a malfunctioning system. Driver side is always cooler, fluke or by design don’t know. I found it best to have the system evaluated and recharged to manufacture recommendations. It goes by amount not pressure. Just from my experience. Good luck.

Thanks, good info to know. I need to scrounge a high side gauge and check both sides and static pressure. Job for another day. For now, it needs a bath....its pine pollen time here. Shes turned Neon Green.

Had the same problem on my '05, a/c one day none the next. The FMC mech said DCC was bad and maybe blend door (hidden under dash as noted and expensive). Changed out DCC (near radiator on PAX side) and have a/c again! $500 but cool. Blend door still suspected, PAX side sometimes significantly warmer than driver side.

Gunther above mentions the DCC as the culprit and I will agree though it also called the DATC. I had it ordered for about $114.00 on line and will replace it myself. A good sign also that the DATC module has to be changed is with the AC on you get hot air from one side of the vents and hot air from the other side.

Just finished replacing mine. Please spend the money for the original ford part. This dual zone valve is located in a difficult place and a pain to reach. I also replaced the sway bar bushings. Also strongly recommend to flush and replace coolant with the gold dealer coolant in a red jug. Comes premixed, don’t forget to bleed many times with heater setting on hottest, fan on high.

Finally finished up my ac tune. Both sides are working the same amount. Temps were read on full, recirculate, 1500 rpm. Idle temps are about 5 degrees higher.

20200625_151049.jpg
20200625_151037.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have a picture of what the coolant control valve looks like and how to replace it? I have a 2002 that the a/c is blowing very hot air out the vents. I have tried cycling the temp control from 65 to 90 and it won't affect the temperature coming out the vents. Sometimes when I first get in the car, the a/c starts out blowing cold air, then after about 5 minutes, it gets really hot. Does not feel good when the outside temperature is near 90 and humidity is close to that also.

Have 2005 Tbird that has hot air coming from AC and no way to control the temp causing windows to fog up. Not sure where to start to fix problem. Have been told that I need a new heater core.

Thanks for the help

Have 2005 Tbird that has hot air coming from AC and no way to control the temp causing windows to fog up. Not sure where to start to fix problem. Have been told that I need a new heater core.

Thanks for the help
Many, many, many posts already about this. Read the various threads & posts.

We are having a simiar issue but in this case with AC on Blowing Hot Air driver vents annd Cold Air Passenger Vents

At the same time We had the PO354 Coil D and or primary /secondary malfuction Error (misfiring , stuttering, backfire) .. I replaced Coil D (cylinder 4) and plug .. ran great for a few hours then get the error again ..any possible connection between th e2 issues ?
had the same exact problem you are having and it turned out the AC freon was low.
After a charge it worked perfectly. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back