What did you do to your Tbird today?

Oldiger

Hey Steve,
I Velcroed my antenna on the left side of the dash as close to the windshield as it would go, just beyond the steering wheel. Then popped out that vent and ran the antenna wire thru the maze of wires over the steering column and up to the top of the radio. That's where the XM tuner sits. Seems to work great and it's out of the way. I don't mind seeing the antenna there.

Oldiger

About a month ago I had a new K&N cold air intake installed. I was very happy with everything. I have only driven it around town and today I decided to fill with gas as I was down to a 1/4 of a tank. When I ran my mileage/gas calculation it came out to 27 mpg.
WOW, was I surprised. Last summer I checked my in town mileage and averaged 23mpg. k&N said the new CAI would improve my mileage but I never expected it to be this good. Now I can hardly wait to take a little road trip and see what I get on the highway. Have any of you experienced this ( if you have the CAI)? Have a good weekend! Be safe, be healthy, be happy ;)

Aznav

About a month ago I had a new K&N cold air intake installed. I was very happy with everything. I have only driven it around town and today I decided to fill with gas as I was down to a 1/4 of a tank. When I ran my mileage/gas calculation it came out to 27 mpg.
WOW, was I surprised. Last summer I checked my in town mileage and averaged 23mpg. k&N said the new CAI would improve my mileage but I never expected it to be this good. Now I can hardly wait to take a little road trip and see what I get on the highway. Have any of you experienced this ( if you have the CAI)? Have a good weekend! Be safe, be healthy, be happy ;)
Wow! I'm a tad slow. Did the same thing first of the year. Never paid much attention to the mileage but now that I think about it, my odometer is showing greater mileage. Going to let it get low and then run a tank through it to see what I get. I think normally it's around 300 per tank.

Oldiger

OOPS! So sorry, but i am way off with my calculations. My math is as bad as my memory :rolleyes:. I'll get back to you as soon as I get some highway miles put on. LATER!

Oldiger

Ok, I'm back with some new gas mileage calculations. Took a little 200 mi road trip yesterday and had some great results. Just a "frogs hair" under 27 mpg. :p That was super news. The down side was when I filled gas and started the road trip I was able to calculate the "town" mileage. It was a dismal 18mpg.:( Hopefully that will change with more usage. Still like the K&N cold air intake. It definitely has a throttle boost when the pedal goes down. Be safe, be healthy and be happy.

I could use a little help,please. I am installing XM satellite radio in my 2005. I want to use the original radio because it says it is (satellite ready capable.) I have the radio / CD unit loosened from the center console but I can't locate the plug in for the satellite tuner. I don't want to disconnect everything and take it completely out so I'm trying to see, or feel where the satellite tuner plugs in. I was hoping someone could tell me where to locate it on the radio. Thanks for your help. Wish you were here, I could use a third hand!o_O
Did you have any response to this. I am also new owner of a 2005 and would also like to have sat radio working.

Mike

Oldiger

Happy Labor Day to all. Started having some starting problems so into the "fix it" we went. My 7 yr old battery went kapoot! So in went a new one. Wasn't expecting the cost/labor but it had to be done. Seems to work good now. My new parts for the front/ rear suspension showed up today. I took them to the "fix it" shop man to see what he thought. Was kind of surprised to hear him say they looked better than the old originals - by far! ( Got the tip from one of the guys here who said he just replaced all of his) EVEN saved $400.00 :p That job will take place next April when the bird comes out of hibernation. I've spent enough $ this Summer!!
Only have three more weeks to run it before it goes to bed for the winter anyway. Tomorrow's forecast is 92° and we have a winter storm warning watch predicted for Monday o_O SUMMER IN MONTANA-- gotta love it. Be safe, be healthy & be happy!

Well today I committed what some may consider to be heresy. I had a hitch installed. I’ve been storing it for a long time. I don’t think any off the shelf hitches are still available. The hitch will allow me to pull a small enclosed trailer for my wife’s power chair. We should be able to do a lot more with the car.

03CC6A08-83D5-4CC0-B6FD-D19885E6BB29.jpeg

Let see,,, removed the complete radiator hydrolic fan system, replaced with a electric fan, electronic " pid" controller, shorter serpentine belt, flushed coolant,changed thermostat, did a complete undercoat, replaced tire on trunk spare,
Thats it for now.....
Which fan and controller dod you use? Does it look factory? Would love to do this but I want it to look good. I've seen many hacked up systems out there. Thanks

Weekend progress:
1. New AC Compressor is in. Pulled a quick vacuum and held overnight. So no leaks.
2. Installed Tensioner and idler pulley because, hey I was already there so why not?
3. Removed front lower ball joints.
Ended up having to have the struts disassembled and reassembled by a neighbor who works for a shop. These are way harder than others I've replaced and not many tools fit in between coils. They will get done tomorrow!
Now waiting on parts to start assembly. Tbird AC.jpg TBird Ball joints.jpg TBird compressor.jpg