High speed radial tires
Borla exhaust - a must-have.
Front nose bra
Convertible top finish cover
Chrome trim for hood scoop

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldiger

Spring tune-up is complete. Changed oil and filter, rotated tires, added some freon and installed the K&N CAI. Thought I might notice a louder engine but it was very quiet--- until I "jumped on it!" Boy, what a difference in power. CAI (cold air intake) is supposed to increase HP and gas mileage. We'll just have to wait and see what happens ;)
That was last Friday. Saturday it snowed 3" Montana Springtime!:mad:
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Stay healthy&Stay home.

Well my plan for today went downhill fast. I turned the key and dead battery. It sat idle for a while during the stay at home. Knew that I needed to run it but waited too long. Put it on the charger.

Gene in Lawrenceville, NJ

Oldiger

Hope you are all safe and healthy. This whole virus thing is a real mess. But it does give me time to mess with my car.;) Specifically, I am trying to make the SAT button operable on my 2005 Limited addition Bird. I have read many of the "search" comments concerning satellite radio. My question is, what kind of apparatus Is needed to make my SAT button work? Many of the older comments are outdated along with the radio apparatus that was used. Just looking for something updated that I could use. Thank you for your help.

Actually happy about a rainy Week forecast.

i bought... volt meter, tubing, brake fluid. Ordered parts for the glove box.

This week I'll tackle the cigarette lighter power issuse and the slow wiper blades And finally the glove box not closing.

Should be a fun week exploring and fixing the 57.

Oldiger

Well, I've changed my mind concerning my stereo radio search. After doing a little more research, specifically in my owners manual, I found that my "Audiophile" radio is equipped to handle satellite radio service. So I decided to forgo my Kenwood choice and just opt for the Sirius XM Tuner package. My question to those of you who have done this XM switchover is this. Did you also change out your three speakers? I couldn't find any U Tube help on removing 2005 Thunderbird speakers so I went ahead and ordered an original shop manual from EBay. This alone could save me about $200 in labor expenses. I'll keep you posted as to how it turns out. Please let me know if you have any information on the "speaker" issue. Thanks;)

Well, I've changed my mind concerning my stereo radio search. After doing a little more research, specifically in my owners manual, I found that my "Audiophile" radio is equipped to handle satellite radio service. So I decided to forgo my Kenwood choice and just opt for the Sirius XM Tuner package. My question to those of you who have done this XM switchover is this. Did you also change out your three speakers? I couldn't find any U Tube help on removing 2005 Thunderbird speakers so I went ahead and ordered an original shop manual from EBay. This alone could save me about $200 in labor expenses. I'll keep you posted as to how it turns out. Please let me know if you have any information on the "speaker" issue. Thanks;)
I was JUST about to change out my '04 speakers when Mr. Covid hit. I had planned to have Crutchfield replace the speakers. Still plan to do it but gotta wait till the guv says I can. Sigh. At first I was going to spring for some expensive ones but Crutchfield said that I could get good sound for under a hundred bucks (for two). He did say that the tweeters, between the console were unnecessary. I just don't want to mess with changing the speakers myself, especially the back ones.

I've seen these threads on many other forums I'm apart of. Don't know if it would be as active here, but figured I would start the thread. If there is already one going, let me know.

So, what did you do to your Tbird today?

I'll start. Put the hardtop on it Sunday since we've got a week of mid 80's. Drove it to work yesterday and today. I must say, I enjoy this car so much. It's an awesome ride that gets tons of looks and is an awesome cruiser.
Our club CCT (Coastal Carolina Thunderbirds) toured New Bern for T Bird Appreciation Day on Sunday.
great weather great day
tbird day.jpg Richard in New Bern NC

Oldiger

I could use a little help,please. I am installing XM satellite radio in my 2005. I want to use the original radio because it says it is (satellite ready capable.) I have the radio / CD unit loosened from the center console but I can't locate the plug in for the satellite tuner. I don't want to disconnect everything and take it completely out so I'm trying to see, or feel where the satellite tuner plugs in. I was hoping someone could tell me where to locate it on the radio. Thanks for your help. Wish you were here, I could use a third hand!o_O

Getting to be time to remove the hardtop. A gentleman who sold his bird gave me his unused hoist today. This is going to make changes much easier.
I did ours about two weeks ago. It’s usually myself, my wife, and one of my daughters doing mine.. We put a blanket over the trunk for added safety, and it’s me on one side, my wife on the other, and my diughter over the back / trunk.. The three of us works out great.. Taking the top off is so much easier than putting it on.. Sometime it’s tough lining up the rear pegs into the holes.. That third set of hands and eyes are so handy trying to line them up..