WARM and DRY WEATHER | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

WARM and DRY WEATHER

• Thread starter Thread starter MIDAS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL in this forum.
Took BABY BIRD out of nest yesterday. It was a wonderful clear day here in Central Texas. Did not get the top off yet, but my wife & I had a great time "crusin" ala 50's style.
Anyone else having this good time now as weather clears.
Dennis

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Midas,
weather here in Chicago is starting to break.....upper 70's today and tomorrow but VERY HIGH winds! Hope I don't get blown out of the car while driving with the top down the next few days... 😀
Then it's back to spring, with 50's/60's this weekend 🙄
Enjoy the ride!

Captjim,

Thunderbird convertible-wise about the only advantage we have on you is the scarcity of these cars in Chicago vs. Florida. That is NOT to say I wouldn't prefer year around warm weather - I would.

Just spent ten days in Florida. Took two days to drive down. Didn't put the top down until South Carolina on the second day as it was a bit cool. Finished the drive south via the Interstate until St. Augustine where we cut over to the A1A and drove along the ocean to Daytona and then onto Orlando. What a view with the top down.

Only put the top up at night or when we went to some theme parks.

Coming home was fun until it got cool in the mountains. When we got to the Ohio line, pouring rain and cold.

Now to clean the bugs off the grill and the sand from inside the interior.

Lot of looks from people. Just a fun car to drive with the toons blasting.

Ticket Ted

2003 White/Red & Black

Ted

I'm getting ready to retrace your tire tracks! I'm headed for Cleveland in the latter part of May. Class reunion.... 50 years out of grade school --- visit some friends and relatives (Brook Park and the east side).

If you see a red 2002 with Florida plates near the end of May, It'll be me.

Jim

Jim,

I'm all over the city, east or west, sometimes day or night. Birds up in this area are rare and especially with FL plates. Will be looking for the car.

As you can see by my nickname, I spend a lot of time on the Interstates, especially on the east side. Watch out in Bratenahl !

Ticket Ted

Ted:
Thanks for the warning. The one thing I learned early on, was that a red T-Bird is a police magnet. Gotta follow that speed limit pretty closely.

In addition, I was fortunate enough to have an ex-wife on the Florida Highway Patrol...... every billboard I see, I envision her jumping out from behind it pointing a 44 Magnum and saying "make my day" a la Dirty Harry.

I've become a real disappointment to most traffic cops. But I sure enjoy cruisin' in my T-Bird.

Jim

I was fortunate enough to have an ex-wife on the Florida Highway Patrol......

If you were married to her for a while when she was on the highway patrol tell us how many tickets she got you out of...😀 😀

Originally posted by captjim
Ted:
Thanks for the warning. The one thing I learned early on, was that a red T-Bird is a police magnet. Gotta follow that speed limit pretty closely.

Thats the truth. I was tooling around town at 70 (65 zone) the other day and I passed a highway patrol on the right. As I passed them, they hit the siren. I thought "darn - I'm not going that fast" and let off the gas. The cops didn't slow down though and as they pass me, they are both laughing their asses off. The passenger cop gave me a thumbs-up as they passed anyway. 🙂

I have a friend who is a local cop and told me even before I got Red that any red car is a target for the police.

I had just gotten the Thunderbird and was really watching my speed with her and I was stopped on the way to work. I did fine on the interstate, but I was about a mile from the office on a local street that I drive every day when I was stopped by a police captain on foot. I was completely stopped for a light, the light turned green and he stepped in front of me with his hand up and signaled for me to put down the window. When I did he gave me a thumbs up and said great car.

When I spoke with my husband later in the day I told him I was stopped. He asked how fast I was going - then I proceeded to tell him what happened.

Off for a drive now - it's quite nice here today.

Quick Draw:

No such luck! She joined the Highway Patroll after we were divorced. Me thinks she did that so she could carry a gun and hide behind billboards lying in wait for me!

Suffice to say my luck has held out and I never passed her billboard.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back