turn signal lever doesn't work | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

turn signal lever doesn't work

• Thread starter Thread starter yrbamje
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yrbamje

Reaction score
Well, here I am again, looking for advice.
My wife's 05 bird's turn signal lever doesn't return to the correct position after a signal and a turn. One has to return it to the off position manually. On top of that, when a left turn signal is made, the headlights go up to bright. When the lever is manually returned to the off position, the lights go back to non-bright. Any comments/suggestions/help?
Jim

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Well, here I am again, looking for advice.
<SNIP>Any comments/suggestions/help?
Jim

Yeah, it sounds like your signal is broke and needs repaired by a mechanic. 🙂

I agree - Service is the place to go.
It always amazed me that we don't hear more about these type issues on all cars, with the amount of wires that must be in the steering columns

turn signal lever doesn't work.

Thanks for all the comments, even the ones tongue in cheek.
I had planned to take it to the dealer and say "fix it". I just wanted to see if anyone else had had such a problem and had some words of advice for me. Guess I'll be the one giving the (probablu unwanted) advice.
Yes the warranty is still in effect. I also bought the extended warranty.
Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.
Jim

signal

Thanks for all the comments, even the ones tongue in cheek.
I had planned to take it to the dealer and say "fix it". I just wanted to see if anyone else had had such a problem and had some words of advice for me. Guess I'll be the one giving the (probablu unwanted) advice.
Yes the warranty is still in effect. I also bought the extended warranty.
Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.
Jim

Please do keep us posted. If it can happen to you it can happen to one of us.

Well, in the interest of keeping everyone posted, here's the latest.
The @#$$% thing worked for a day or so, and now is intermittent... Won't get much help out of the service dept with this situation. Also, now the automatic lights comin on is intermittent. I am beginning to think that I may have some sort of wiring or computer problem.
Two questions. 1. Any advice on how to approach service with an intermittrent problem? and 2. Anyone got any advice? Also, my wife just told me that the lights didn't come on automatically this morning and neither did the seat belt light. (I didn't have time to ask her what seat belt light?) (I don't get to drive it much, except to put in gas and take it in for servicing.) 🙁
Any comments?
Jim

I for one would take it back and tell them don't call me until it's fixed properly. I don't have much patience for incompetance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back