Thanks to Forum | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Thanks to Forum

• Thread starter Thread starter ocsorbil
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to look at an 05 today with my fiance'. Since I have been reading some of the posts on this forum the past couple of days, I knew more than the salesman! 😀 The car had a dead battery and he opened the hood to give it a jump. I told him to check the trunk (I had just read this last night!) Then I had to tell him how to get into the trunk with the key(read that the night before last) 🙄 It was pretty cool. It didn't bolster my confidence much in the dealer though, because I had called yesterday and told them I would be in today.
If I had been the salesman, I would've gone out and made sure the car was ready to go. If I end up buying it, I hope this isn't a true reflection of the dealership. 🙁
Thanks again for all of the great info. 🙂
By the way, I read one of the threads that said something about a "yellow tint" to the headlights. Is this true?? One of the things I really want in a car is a good set of lights. Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

......well.....the dealer's abilities sounds typical.....the 'Bird will be under warranty?.....you could always take it to another dealer.....some have accessed a Lincoln dealer with the LS connection......never heard of the yellow tinge headlight thing.....If the dealer ever gets the 'Bird started for you I think you'll find the headlights are quite effective......

I've been reading lately about Euro lights. They come in five colors: blue, green, purple, red, and yellow. They are supposed to give off 50% more light, and are very effective. Since I avoid night time driving, decided against them, but you might want to investigate ..... saw them on ebay.

Euphoric said:
I've been reading lately about Euro lights. They come in five colors: blue, green, purple, red, and yellow. They are supposed to give off 50% more light, and are very effective. Since I avoid night time driving, decided against them, but you might want to investigate ..... saw them on ebay.
Don't get blue ones and drive in South Carolina.. you will probably last about 10 minutes before they pull you over and make you park it for the night on the road, and take it to a dealer to put your regular lightsd back in the next morning...
Jim

ocsorbil said:
I went to look at an 05 today with my fiance'. Since I have been reading some of the posts on this forum the past couple of days, I knew more than the salesman! 😀 The car had a dead battery and he opened the hood to give it a jump. I told him to check the trunk (I had just read this last night!) Then I had to tell him how to get into the trunk with the key(read that the night before last)
Rest of post snipped!

Don't feel too bad, when we went to the dealer's last week, we actually were interested in an '05 red 350Z. Pulled into the lot and saw the red'04 Bird that we ended up buying after driving both cars. The Bird's battery was dead also. But she knew where the battery was, and had it charged, ready to go when we brought the Nissan back in.

Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back