Stay with 2002 or go for 2003 ? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Stay with 2002 or go for 2003 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter VABIRD02
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't have a vin yet(9 of 13) at dealership and the dealer has just received car # 6.........am starting to have mixed feelings. The 2003 are supposed to have the "chrome strip" around the hardtop plus I believe I heard something about electric vs hydraulic in the cooling system. I have also heard about increased hp. Today I heard from a friend at the Ford dealer that the 4.6 litre/ 305 hp is also in the works. What about more options for the wheels?? Any help,suggestions,feedback etc; would be most helpful. blue/blue/premium/blk accent.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have you heard of a major price increase?
The Blue will be robin egg blue non mettallic, 285 HP, hopefully better chrome wheels, possible heated seats.
Hopefully no more orange peel. I have the same worry, my Blue Blue Full blue accent is scheduled for June?? was originally supposed to be April.

I cancelled my order for #8 out of 8 and am going with #1of 8 for 2003. I figure a couple of additional months at most will yield a better car, and a better choice of colors. Not worried about price increase, as it will be minor.

I would still opt for the '02, especially if I could get it by summer..I think this is the significant year for t-bird.
BTW....I have a '05 ordered, #1 at my dealer.
don't know what I will do with 02..probably have to keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back