Starting 1963 sitting for years

Thank you 74Harley! looks as though thats all it took to get it to move a little. So I am onto the next dilemma. Seems that the
throttle arm is too long for the set up as when I push on the accelerator the rod comes out?? I have attached some pictures of the current set up in hopes that I can get some direction on the set up of the system. Just starting to tinker with that and then check the status of the carb, for an eventual rebuild. All the advice on this site so far has been great! The car starts with no problem and idles as long as I feed it gas (waiting on a part to connect the fuel pump to the carb)

Hope these pics work to see what was inherited:
IMG_4052.jpgIMG_4052.jpgIMG_4053.jpgIMG_4051.jpg.

Thank you 74Harley! looks as though thats all it took to get it to move a little. So I am onto the next dilemma. Seems that the
throttle arm is too long for the set up as when I push on the accelerator the rod comes out?? I have attached some pictures of the current set up in hopes that I can get some direction on the set up of the system. Just starting to tinker with that and then check the status of the carb, for an eventual rebuild. All the advice on this site so far has been great! The car starts with no problem and idles as long as I feed it gas (waiting on a part to connect the fuel pump to the carb)

Hope these pics work to see what was inherited:
View attachment 30795View attachment 30795View attachment 30796View attachment 30797.
Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to getting this car up and running. I live in usually very cold Minnesota so this project has been on hold for a bit. Anyway thanks to advice you all have given me, I swapped out the tank, cleaned out the fuel lines, moved the car around to get better access to it with a little tug from my Chevy. Rebuilt the carb after a succesful cleaning. New gapped .035 plugs and wires. When the old carb was on and the fuel pump wasnt hooked up, it would start with gas down its throat. It would fire up and run as long a I fed it gas. This was after I got it to TDC and made sure the points were clean and gapped and I ID #1 on the cap. And put the wires in sequence.

Now the question for the group:
Now with all the changes above it just wont turn over? The carb probably needs major adjustments, but I feel like its a timing thing and it is close to firing. Spark to the coil seems strong, points have a spark, its getting spark to the wires, but not as strong.

Anyway any help would be appreciated! The poor thing needs a wash!:)

Won't turn over, or won't start? It should be timed at 6 degrees before top center.
Make sure all of your vacuum lines are connected or plugged. Are you getting fuel through the carb? Did you try priming it with fuel? Battery fully charged?
Good luck, don't give up now!

Sorry, wont start. Ill make sure to double chack all the vac lines and the bowls are full. Okay thanks! I will advance it enough so the #1 and the cap are lined up, and keep on trying. No giving up yet, as now it is a quest!!

Back