Serious SIRIUS Problems | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Serious SIRIUS Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter my2004bird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Have a 2004 Thunderbird which has had SIRIUS Radio since it was put into service, Ford dealer installed and has performed well until recently. When selecting SAT on the radio, the channel, its' description, time of day and an eliptical circle scrolling from right to left is displayed. After appx 10 to 15 seconds of the "scrolling", the radio switches signals to FM and the message "SERVICE SAT" is displayed. I have contacted SIRIUS many times about this problem and they claim that it is a problem with the OEM radio and refered me to the dealer. My Ford dealer claims it is the SIRIUS signal and that there is nothing wrong with the radio providing me with an Oasis Special Service Message Number 18699 saying just that. SIRIUS still claims it is the radio.

Has anyone experienced this or has any ideas on what else may cause this problem or suggestions for repair?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There are a large number of owners who have Sirius and none have reported any problems.
Not sure how long you have had it installed, but if it's a recent install, I'd take it back.
Could be a loose wire somewhere? Look into the antenna location. Is it on the dash or mounted on the trunk deck lid under the insulator? Tight connections?

Serious SIRIUS

The SERIUS was installed when the car was new (October 2003) by a Ford dealer. Worked fine until 6 months ago. Again, checked out by dealer and dealer and SIRIUS are going back and forth. I may take it to an independent SIRIUS dealer to have it re-checked for connections, etc. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Sirrius

I do not have a SAT radio in my '05 but I use the SAT hook up to run my I-Pod through.

Periodically I will get a 'Service Sat' message on the read out.

What I do is disconnect the sending unit from the circuit for about 30 seconds and then reconnect. It seems to reset itself and corrects the problem.

You may want to try just disconnecting the SAT input from the back of the factory unit and do the same to see if it reboots itself.

Rick Rae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back